PDA

View Full Version : Mrs.NPA

wacki
10-25-2005, 03:59 PM
I made her red.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3335847&page=&view=&s b=5&o=&vc=1

Any objections?

AngryCola
10-25-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any objections?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.
So long as red is reserved for the big wigs, I can't think of a good reason for this.

I wouldn't have any problem with blue, though.

[censored]
10-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Nice gesture but she doesn't meet the criteria for red or blue. especially red.

Dynasty
10-25-2005, 04:14 PM
I thought stuff like this is why you guys wanted to do away with colors.

It seemed as soon as a decision (of a few mods) was made to do away with all username colors, you quickly came up with new reasons to start distributiing them again.

[censored]
10-25-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It seemed as soon as a decision (of a few mods) was made to do away with all username colors, you quickly came up with new reasons to start distributiing them again.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is precisely why I am against colors all together as it always starts with a select few posters but quickly grows as each mod has his own standards for what means.

I for one will not be changing anyone's color.

AngryCola
10-25-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't like how blue is being used, but it's not a big deal to me.

AngryCola
10-25-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is precisely why I am against colors all together as it always starts with a select few posters but quickly grows as each mod has his own standards for what means.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I'm only truely supportive of the black names.
At least there are clear standards being used in those cases.

[censored]
10-25-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lloyd wanted to use it to highlight some MTT posters who are considered the best of the best or something to that effect. He took the idea to the MTT forum and they liked it as did some of the Mods. I don't really like it as I think it will end up with the same problems. However if it is going to be done I would like to atleast keep it within the confines of Lloyd's plan which was for a few especially helpful strategy posters.

wacki
10-25-2005, 04:28 PM
I've seen several people ask if it's the real Mrs. NPA. IF you want her to have a normal color fine I'll change it back. I just think she needs something to make it obvious she isn't a gimmick account.

I changed her title to Mrs. Miller.

AngryCola
10-25-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lloyd wanted to use it to highlight some MTT posters who are considered the best of the best or something to that effect. He took the idea to the MTT forum and they liked it as did some of the Mods. I don't really like it as I think it will end up with the same problems. However if it is going to be done I would like to atleast keep it within the confines of Lloyd's plan which was for a few especially helpful strategy posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure Ed views Mrs. NPA as one of the best of the best. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[censored]
10-25-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've seen several people ask if it's the real Mrs. NPA. IF you want her to have a normal color fine I'll change it back. I just think she needs something to make it obvious she isn't a gimmick account.

I changed her title to Mrs. Miller.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK no offense intended to Ed or his wife but its not like Doyle Brunson or Phil Ivey has started posting and people are wondering ifs its really him or not. I just don't see that as a pressing issue at all.

Also shouldn't we make sure she wants a different title? Ed came out pretty solidly against colors in Dynasty's free for all thread. It is entirely possible she would just want to post like anyone else. This is nowhere near similar to the site rep situation where there is a benefit for 2p2 users to have them properly identified.

AngryCola
10-25-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed came out pretty solidly against colors in Dynasty's free for all thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had forgotten about this.

Good point.

BottlesOf
10-25-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just think she needs something to make it obvious she isn't a gimmick account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

BottlesOf
10-25-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

[censored]
10-25-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just think she needs something to make it obvious she isn't a gimmick account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the only way this is an issue is if it were to offend Ed enough for him to complain. For example if it was a gimmick account who then proceded to post offensive things and Ed "This pisses me off" then one of us would simply ban the gimmick account. That's how situations like that should be handled.