PDA

View Full Version : (Live 3/6) -- AA in the SB

10-25-2005, 03:05 PM
(Live 3/6) -- Gerneral table makeup is very loose passive, I have a pretty TAG table image. BB is a middle aged gentleman typical calling station. Villain in this hand is a decent player (compared to rest of table), but he seems to overplay many hands, his range of hands include TT-AA, AQ, AK, KQs.

Here is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Preflop: UTG raises, folded to Villain in MP who re-raises, CO calls, Hero caps in SB, BB calls, UTG calls, Villain calls, CO calls.
Pot - 10bb

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets, BB calls, UTG folds, Villain raises, CO folds, Hero re-raises, BB calls, Villain calls.
Pot - 14.5bb

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets, BB calls, Villain raises, BB calls, Hero calls.
Pot - 20.5bb

River: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero checks, BB checks, Villain bets, Hero calls(??), BB folds.
Pot - 22.5bb

Im concerned with my play on all streets...

I think my flop play is standard and correct, and on the turn when the diamond hits, I think my bet and call is correct. The river, I am a little unsure on though, can I check fold this hand here?

BigBiceps
10-25-2005, 03:09 PM
To me it looks like you lost to a flush ...

I would have played it the exact same way though on all streets.

What did villan have? Jd Td?

Borodog
10-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Dare I say . . . standard?

krimson
10-25-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dare I say . . . standard?

[/ QUOTE ]
Indeed.

Borodog
10-25-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
To me it looks like you lost to a flush ...

I would have played it the exact same way though on all streets.

What did villan have? Jd Td?

[/ QUOTE ]

Given Villain's range of 3-betting hands, there is no flush possible. Villain may have top or 2nd set, but probably would've rammed the flop if so, or K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifKx, or it could be that he's went crazy with AxK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

10-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Yea, I wasn't really worried about a flush from villian, I had him on AQ, JJ-KK. With AQ being the least likely, and JJ and QQ being the most likely. Of those hands Im only ahead of KK and AQ, but on the Turn I figure when the diamond comes, I figure I have enough outs to justify my turn action, and if he has KK or AQ im ahead anyways.

felix83
10-25-2005, 03:48 PM
I'll pose a hypothetical, just for fun: What do people think if the turn was instead Td? Does this make a standard fold on the river, or do you think villain has AQ often enough to make this call worthwhile?

Borodog
10-25-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll pose a hypothetical, just for fun: What do people think if the turn was instead Td? Does this make a standard fold on the river, or do you think villain has AQ often enough to make this call worthwhile?

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker Stove says call:

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

30 games 0.047 secs 638 games/sec

Board: Qd Jc 4d Td 9c
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 21.6667 % 20.00% 01.67% { AdAs }
Hand 2: 78.3333 % 76.67% 01.67% { JJ+, AQs+, KQs, AQo+ }

I eliminated TT because of the flop and turn action.

felix83
10-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Good to know, thanks for running it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

10-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Villain showed JJ for the flopped set.