PDA

View Full Version : $33 Party JJ LP

10-25-2005, 01:17 PM
No specific read on any of the players, which usually means they arent total donks.

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?page=view&hand=153853

I know the last call is bad, nearly no hand that I beat should act that way. So the question is mainly, was my play fine up until the point that I got reraised? Maybe a smaller raise would have sufficed? I like shutting out a spade draw though.

zambonidrivr
10-25-2005, 01:24 PM
i play this the same way. tough beat.

10-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Even the last bet?

Im thinking maybe this may be a good call JUST because there is two spades on board, since this play could easily have been made with overcards and spade-draw, but what if the flop was rainbow? Would we really beat his pushing range? Are our odds good enough?

BadMongo
10-25-2005, 01:34 PM
There's already about 1/6 of your stack in the pot when the action gets around to you preflop. If you just call, you give the BB great odds to see a flop, so it's likely going to be 3 way action. I'd rather not see a flop against two other players holding JJ with a short stack. Just move in preflop and pick up the 120 chips.

zambonidrivr
10-25-2005, 01:42 PM
given the preflop action, i would have put him on a set, then kicked myself for not re-raising preflop. since it's early, i think i play this the same way. i think he played these aces horribly, but worked out for him this time.

to your point this play could have easily been made with a flush draw... which would also fit his preflop range.

again, i think i'm giong broke here more times than not.

10-25-2005, 02:13 PM
Is pushing standard line here? Is calling here just wrong? I see myself doing that quite often with JJ waiting for a flop to bet.

JJ is kind of the cutoff hand from a great hand to just a good hand, am I playing it too weakly? Should I see it as more of a premium hand?

10-25-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just move in preflop and pick up the 120 chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he pushes preflop, he gets the same result, hes busted...AA is not going anywhere.

zambonidrivr
10-25-2005, 02:41 PM
in this case yes.

tigerite
10-25-2005, 02:44 PM
A push is not good here preflop.

BadMongo
10-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Care to explain?

I'd be happy to pick up t120 at this point without having guess where I am when an overcard or two flops against two other players.

I'm not saying a flat call is bad, but pushing is my preferred line here.