PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Party 55s Since Split

PartySNGer
10-25-2005, 01:05 PM
I played the Party 55s for about 5-6 month before stopping in July to play NL cash games and MTTs. Since the split, I've gone back to $55s (I 10-table) and they seem a lot different. For example, I don't know how many times I will raise 3x with AK and have someone move in over the top with some crap pair like 44-55 when they aren't even shortstacked. I feel like Matusow when he said "the new players are donks who will take any pair and shove their chips in".

What changes have you guys noticed in the mid-upper level SNGs since the split? And what changes have you made in your game, if any, to combat these changes.

FWIW, I've kept my same strategy of playing tight early, only really looking for set or overpair opportunities to double and then getting aggro on the bubble. My % finish distribution for the first 5 places is 11%-14%-14%-12%-15%

I am usually very solid HU, but I think the tendency of people willing to gamble might hurt me HU b/c I'm aggro (as you should be) with the massive blinds. ROI is 9.71% in my first 250 SNGs since coming back, so I'm pretty happy, but primarily interested in hearing different strategies for playing these since the split.

pineapple888
10-25-2005, 01:12 PM
250 tables is not nearly enough to draw conclusions about changes in the game, if any.

Any discussion of results or ROI is even more a waste of time.

When several respected, winning players have all played 3000 or more "after the split", maybe you can revisit this topic.

Please see Irieguy's recent post on the subject.

swiftrhett
10-25-2005, 01:21 PM
250 games is not enough to determine something like ROI, but it is enough to possibly notice a change in playing sytle. I think the question is fair. Do people notice more players pushing a low pair early on?

PartySNGer
10-25-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
250 games is not enough to determine something like ROI, but it is enough to possibly notice a change in playing sytle. I think the question is fair. Do people notice more players pushing a low pair early on?

[/ QUOTE ]

At least someone has some sense. I'm not trying to draw finite conclusions, just trying to have a discussion about playing styles lately at Party. And I have over 2500 samples at the 55s so I have a decent idea about ROI.

pineapple888
10-25-2005, 01:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeez. Google "selection bias" to find out why this is a silly question.

pineapple888
10-25-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At least someone has some sense. I'm not trying to draw finite conclusions, just trying to have a discussion about playing styles lately at Party. And I have over 2500 samples at the 55s so I have a decent idea about ROI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Selection BIAS!

Selection BIAS!

Selection BIAS!

"Yeah, me too!" "Yeah, I noticed that, too, after my 50 games!" "Yeah, me too, so it must be true."

axeshigh
10-25-2005, 02:20 PM
My finish distribution is 11-14-13-12-16 (really similar to yours as you can see) on 400 SnGs since the split. I didn't really notice anything different in the games though. Once upon a time I actually had more firsts though /images/graemlins/confused.gif

runner4life7
10-25-2005, 03:08 PM
stop being a dick and trying to think you are irie. Irie's post was regarding ROI this was a simple question to see if others have noticed changes. If we all talk about changes we have seen the sample size also increases. I just started playing the 55s now though so I cant compare to before.

downtown
10-25-2005, 03:21 PM
The 55s seem the same to me...

And wow, seems like lots of new 2+2 55ers! No wonder my insanely high, unsustainable ROI has been going down. Stay off my tables, jerks!

runner4life7
10-25-2005, 03:26 PM
whats your party name, i am not playing at tables starting now if there are 3 probably even 2 players i know are solid for sure.

Im pukingtables

Mr_J
10-25-2005, 03:30 PM
It is much easier to identify serious players now that you can play up to 10 at a time under one ID.

runner4life7
10-25-2005, 03:40 PM
yup, ive seen a couple people at 7 of mine already.

d1sterbd
10-25-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
250 tables is not nearly enough to draw conclusions about changes in the game, if any.

Any discussion of results or ROI is even more a waste of time.

When several respected, winning players have all played 3000 or more "after the split", maybe you can revisit this topic.

Please see Irieguy's recent post on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does everyone in this forum think they are Citanul or something? There was more to the post than ROI.

10-25-2005, 05:25 PM
May I ask what split you are referring too?? I did a search but can't find any info? Still a newby here..

axeshigh
10-26-2005, 02:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
May I ask what split you are referring too?? I did a search but can't find any info? Still a newby here..

[/ QUOTE ]

Party is now completely separate from skins. Do a search for +party +split or +skins +split or something like that for last month and you'll find 373433 threads on the subject.

tjh
10-26-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On this forum I think the thread was titled.

"The day the music died" ?
Or "the end of the world as we know it".

Then the moderator, Citanul, set up a single thread to deal with all the chatter.

--
tjh

PartySNGer
10-26-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is much easier to identify serious players now that you can play up to 10 at a time under one ID.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are the regulars at the 55s that you have notices? So far the only ones I've noticed repeatedly are DoYouSeeWhy? Daicathai and RlxtnThrpst.

Do you guys put a note for the ppl you notice playing over 4 tables? This seems like a good strategy, I don't want to be at a table with a bunch of others who are 10-tabling.

runner4life7
10-26-2005, 03:56 AM
yeah i put notes for 4 tables+ usually there is like a t0w and some other random letters ALL_DAY I think too. not sure though Red_orchid is at a few

tigerite
10-26-2005, 04:23 AM
Seems I've not been noticed yet then /images/graemlins/wink.gif

10-26-2005, 04:34 AM
45% ITM since the split...

tigerite
10-26-2005, 05:32 AM
Not noticed that so much, but what I have noticed is, if someone does a cont bet and you re-raise them all in, they will call a HELL of a lot with Ace high and no part of the board (usually AK, AQ). Which is nice when you have a pair and they have only 6 outs with 2 cards to come. I don't get why they do it but I've seen it loads.

For instance, the other day I raise with JJ from MP, the SB re-raised, I flat called and the flop came 10 high. He bet out, I pushed, he called with AQo. Just didn't make any sense at all? /images/graemlins/confused.gif This was for about 500 more and crippled him when he lost. He'd not shown any donk tendencies til then either.

Scuba Chuck
10-26-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I played the Party 55s for about 5-6 month before stopping in July to play NL cash games and MTTs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is completely unacceptable. You need to log out and start over. Requirements to take a new name is in order.

EasilyFound
10-26-2005, 07:37 AM
I've been away from Party for a while. What is the split you talk about?

10-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Thanks!!

FatTony21
10-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Now that I'm playing 10 tables with 1 account, instead of 20 over 5 accounts, I think more people have seen me push trash and have loosened calling standards. In the past, someone may have figured this out for 1 of my accounts, but I could get away with it on the other 4.

I'm now using PokerAce primarily to track this, so I can re-adjust my game for players who I have played a fair number of hands with when it's down to 4-5 players.

Mr_J
10-26-2005, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been away from Party for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously. Party has separated from the skins, and now operates on it's own platform (ie doesn't share players). Big part of it would've been to bring back serious multitablers back to party, after they left because of rakeback. Party allows up to 10 tables to be played now.

10-26-2005, 05:42 PM
since split...

48% ITM...56% ROI...

freekobe
10-26-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are the regulars at the 55s that you have notices? So far the only ones I've noticed repeatedly are DoYouSeeWhy? Daicathai and RlxtnThrpst.

Do you guys put a note for the ppl you notice playing over 4 tables? This seems like a good strategy, I don't want to be at a table with a bunch of others who are 10-tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

RlxtnThrpst is an as.shole. Is he a 2+2er?

AA suited
10-26-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now that I'm playing 10 tables with 1 account, instead of 20 over 5 accounts, I think more people have seen me push trash and have loosened calling standards. In the past, someone may have figured this out for 1 of my accounts, but I could get away with it on the other 4.

I'm now using PokerAce primarily to track this, so I can re-adjust my game for players who I have played a fair number of hands with when it's down to 4-5 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

pokerace?

how does that help with SnGs?