PDA

View Full Version : Help please

midwestkc
10-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Ok, maybe this should be in the Home Games forum, but I figure that you guys will be able to help me better. For our monthly home League that is finishing up this month, we've been playing NL Hold 'em. For the next "season" if you will, we have been talking about playing Omaha. The only problem is that people like to play NL and would want to play NL Omaha. I know I've read that Omaha doesn't translate well into a NL game, and think that PLO would give people enough action, but I'm trying to come up with a good argument on why NLO would suck, and why PLO would be better...Help?

note: I really want to this regardless, because most of the people will have never played omaha, and will have no clue where to start. I haven't played much, but should be able to find enough info on here to be significantly better than everyone else...so I apologize in advance for any extremely n00b questions that I may ask in the coming months.

TIA

10-25-2005, 01:03 PM
At our home game, we often play either NLHE tournies or PLO tournies. The PLO tournies have the most chip movement and action by far. Part of this is because some of our players seem to go all in a tizzy due to the fact that they are dealt 4 cards rather than 2.

Anyway, NL Omaha is less than pointless IMO. There are far, far, far more situations in a typical Omaha game where two people are basically coin flips, pre-flop, on the flop and even on the turn. In a NL structure, this would lead to either a great deal of variance, or a very, very tight game. Neither of these is probably conducive to the longevity of your home game.

Anyways, these are just my random thoughts...