PDA

View Full Version : 109s deep

orange
10-25-2005, 12:26 PM
$.25/.50 NL 5 handed homegame.

Villan has $160, hero covers. Villan is a good player, a bit LAG but can make laydowns, and somewhat thinking player. Hero has been playing TAG, and hit a rush of cards.

Hero has 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP. Hero raises to $2, villan calls on the button, all else fold.

($4.75)Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets $4. Villan raises to $15. Hero calls $11.

($34.75)Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero checks. Villan leads for $35. Hero ??

Kyriefurro
10-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Fold. Even with 12 outs you're not getting the odds to call. You don't have the implied odds either. Since villain is a "thinking" player, he's probably smart enough to read the board and won't pay you off if you hit your hand.

Ghazban
10-25-2005, 12:33 PM
Fold. You cannot possibly get paid off without some sort of long history with villain that you haven't told us about. Even if you hit, you're only getting action from trips or better and "better" generally beats you even if you hit.

swolfe
10-25-2005, 12:35 PM
how comfortable will you be playing for the rest of your stack if you were to call and hit the flush or straight on the river? if not, then you can't call the turn....you need to get his whole stack to make up for the EV of the turn call.

SmackinYaUp
10-25-2005, 12:44 PM
I thought this was a misplaced SNG post at first.

Once the board pairs and you're facing a big bet, you're done drawing. I don't even think it would be a good idea to keep drawing on the turn without a pairing of the board. Flush draw is obvious, gutshot won't hit that often and its a pot sized bet.

When holding a straight + flush combo, I prefer making all the action happen on the flop while there are 2 cards yet to come.

If you're planning on calling the turn bet, I'd go ahead and reraise the flop. At least doing that you not only have to hit your draw, but you can add in the chance of him folding; even if it is doubtful. If you guys do get it allin, well hope you hit and be glad he can't fold if you do.

orange
10-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks for responses so far. What would your play have been if say, the 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif came on the turn?

SmackinYaUp
10-25-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for responses so far. What would your play have been if say, the 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif came on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just edited my post so I don't know if you saw, but I'd still fold.

Kyriefurro
10-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Assuming he still bets the pot.......

I think I still fold. You're hand is too obvious. If you hit he's not paying you off. If you miss, you don't even beat most bluffs.

swolfe
10-25-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
the full pot seems like a scared bet. i'm guessing AK here. depending on how frisky i'm feeling and if i think he can lay down TPTK, i may check-raise push the turn. folding wouldn't be bad either.

stacks are a bit too deep to reraise the flop.

10-25-2005, 01:21 PM
Agreed, fold here, his King is good.

orange
10-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Thanks for responses. In reality, I folded to his turn bet on the 7. I also felt that stacks were too deep for my regular bet/3-bet. He showed AK and took down the pot.

gol4pro
10-25-2005, 05:20 PM
If he's the slightest bit capable... I think a turn CR/AI is very good, and very deceptive (represents a monster perfectly). This assumes a blank turn.

Given the actual turn, fold and move on.