PDA

View Full Version : Anybody see The Weather Man yet?

-Skeme-
10-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Looks very good. It's coming out here on Friday, has anyone seen it yet? Please no spoilers. Thanks.

pokerdirty
10-25-2005, 09:13 AM
i'm pretty sure this was delayed from earlier this year. that's a pretty bad sign. i'm intrigued by the trailer, but something smells.

ThaSaltCracka
10-25-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm pretty sure this was delayed from earlier this year. that's a pretty bad sign. i'm intrigued by the trailer, but something smells.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, it has been delayed several months, usually not a good sign. Plus it has Nicolas Cage, not another good sign.

istewart
10-25-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, it has been delayed several months, usually not a good sign. Plus it has Nicolas Cage not playing an ex-con or FBI agent, not a good sign.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yes this movie looks very bad.

pokerdirty
10-25-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, it has been delayed several months, usually not a good sign. Plus it has Nicolas Cage not playing an ex-con or FBI agent, not a good sign.

[/ QUOTE ]

And yes this movie looks very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

like i said, not that it looks bad, but there is definately something off. in the trailer, you see food getting thrown at him (taco bell & a big gulp, methinks), then bring in michael caine, and in the next scene, he's walking down the street with a bow and arrow and pwning hos with snowballs (the kind made of actual snow, freaks).

could you imagine if keanu reeves did this movie instead of nic cage?

-Skeme-
10-26-2005, 01:51 PM
It's coming out here on Friday, I'll let you know how it was. It's getting great reviews. Which trailers did you guys see? IMDB it and find some longer trailers.

imported_The Vibesman
10-26-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
could you imagine if keanu reeves did this movie instead of nic cage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you imagine having your eyeball torn out with a fork instead of a knife? These guys both suck.

*edit: I saw an ad for this movie, and thought that if it was just Cage being abused for 90 minutes, I might enjoy it.

RunDownHouse
10-26-2005, 02:21 PM
I've only seen the TV ads. I really, really don't like Cage, but thought he was perfect in Adaptation. What I've seen of this movie reminded me of a Coen Bros. film, for some reason.

scott8
10-26-2005, 02:22 PM
Watching the World Series, I enjoyed learning that Roy Oswalt's favorite actor was Nick Cage.

exist
10-26-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, it has been delayed several months, usually not a good sign. Plus it has Nicolas Cage, not another good sign.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about Cage in Adaptation? in Lord of War? Matchstick Men? Leaving Las Vegas?

joshman1204
10-26-2005, 02:58 PM
or one of my favorites, Face/Off

imported_The Vibesman
10-26-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what about Cage in Adaptation? in Lord of War? Matchstick Men? Leaving Las Vegas?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was undeniable good in LLV, and not bad in Adaptation, although I thought he was much better as the dimbulb brother than he was as the screenwriter. I've never seen Matchstick Men or Lord of War, because I've found the guy so annoying for years that I stopped seeing his movies (unless they look very interesting for some reason, as Adaptation did.) As for Face/Off, I didn't appreciate that film at all (all of John Woo's work in USA has actually been disappointing for me) but I did think Cage was at least nominally better than Travolta, but in all honesty thought they were both pretty bad.

joshman1204
10-26-2005, 03:09 PM
I loved face/off but more for the story and action than the performance of either actor.

pryor15
10-26-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, it has been delayed several months, usually not a good sign. Plus it was directed by Gore Verbanski, not another good sign.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[censored]
10-27-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel safe in saying you have horrible taste in movies. Face/Off is a truly terrible movie. just terrible

JihadOnTheRiver
10-27-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel safe in saying you have horrible taste in movies. Face/Off is a truly terrible movie. just terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Very, very bad movie. It did, however, give us "peach, I could eat a peach for hours."

pryor15
10-27-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I loved face/off but more for the story and action than the performance of either actor.

[/ QUOTE ]

qualifying it doesn't make it any better.