PDA

View Full Version : Saw Def Leppard last night

TheHip41
10-25-2005, 04:52 AM
I know I know, but seriously, it was a really really good show. One of the few shows I'd know every song played. If you are a fan of DL, this is a must see this year. It's a tour promoting their 19th best of CD.

-------setlist to follow

Action
Lets Get Rocked
Make Love
Foolin
Hysteria
Promises
No Matter What
Armageddon It
God of War
Slang
Rocket
Animal
Love Bites
Photograph
Rock of Ages
----------------
Bringing on the Heartbreak
Sugar

Good stuff

Ulysses
10-25-2005, 05:18 AM
I saw their Hysteria "in the round" show. It was awesome. Set list was quite a bit longer than this show, and it definitely had multiple encores.

TheHip41
10-25-2005, 05:22 AM
The show on whole was solid. Had some solo guitar playing irish dude, and had V. campbell come out and play a few songs with him. Lasted like 20 minutes.

Then Cheap Trick played for an hour. Didn't know much by them, but they were a good bad.

DL only had 1.45 in which to play, so I figured between 16-20 songs.

Ulysses
10-25-2005, 05:37 AM
Cheap Trick as the opening band is pretty sweet.

Vavavoom
10-25-2005, 05:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a rock fan but Mighty Wings live would be pretty good for me....Sorry I'm a TG fan....

TheHip41
10-25-2005, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know three CT songs, one from the TV show, but I know enough about them and music in general to respect the band and what they do.

As a band, they are among the best of their genre. Very solid band.

samjjones
10-25-2005, 08:36 AM
My brother and his wife saw them at the Borgata about a month or so ago. Said the show sucked???

TheHip41
10-25-2005, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My brother and his wife saw them at the Borgata about a month or so ago. Said the show sucked???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I like def leppard /images/graemlins/cool.gif I'm sure those who don't like DL will think it sucks. If he is a fan, then I dunno, all I can say is I enjoyed it.

DarkForceRising
10-25-2005, 12:31 PM
I went to the St. Pats' block party in Chicago five or six years ago (the church for the young and hip, I guess). Beer, broads and a live band. A little band known as Cheap Trick. Helluva show.

I've seen them a couple more times since and they consistently deliver. Funny thing, though, is that Robin Zander never talks to the crowd. Rick Nielson is the PR guy, evidently.