PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin -19 @ Illinois

MyTurn2Raise
10-25-2005, 04:09 AM
My feeling in Champaign pick is early this week...take Wisconsin -19 @ Illinois. Last year, Wisconsin won 24-7 in Madison.

This year, Wisconsin is light years better and a win at Penn St away from a BCS berth. Illinois blows major [censored]. Of course, Illinois cannot look as bad as they did last week, but they will still look like Illinois. Big ten opponents are beating Illinois by 37.5 pts per game..ugh. (This even includes Indiana.)

Further analysis below if anyone isn't convinced yet.

Wisconsin has truly become a dual offensive system. Last year, they ran for 258 and passed for 99 against the Illini.
This year, the Badgers are averaging 210 through the air and 180 on the ground verse 167/ 161 last year. They've improved. Illinois has gotten even worse on D somehow. After giving up 230 passing, 194 rushing, 424 total yards per game last year, the Illini give up 228 passing, 227 rushing, 455 total this year. Expect 40+ from the Badgers. Illinois cannot stop the run, the pass, or the Champaign Centennial JV squad, while the Badgers are a good/ balanced offense that has scored 23, 41, 48, 38, and 31 points against Michigan, Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota, and Purdue (the points include a few special teams/defensive touchdowns that I was to lazy to back out).

The Illini offense ran for 42 yards and passed for 164 last year in Madison. You cannot really compare here as Zook has switched the entire scheme. The Badger D has been vulnerable. Boise St, Northwestern, and Minnesota had a field day against the Badgers and Purdue/Michigan moved the ball quite a bit, but Illinois has got nothing. The Illini coaching staff has decided to sacrifice the better, veteran players to get the youth some snaps and work for future years. Halsey and Thomas will not touch the ball much anymore. Look for the duo of Mendenhall and McPhearson to get far too many looks. Illinois has put up 14,7,13,and 10 in the 4 big ten games. 21 points tops for the Illini, more likely to see 13 again.

Final score prediction: Wisconsin 42, Illinois 12.
Take Wisconsin -19 @ Illinois

FYI, I'm 4-3 YTD on my Feeling in Champaign picks
I'm 12-5 NCAA ytd on 2+2 recommended picks

10-25-2005, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My feeling in Champaign pick is early this week...take Wisconsin -19 @ Illinois. Last year, Wisconsin won 24-7 in Madison.

This year, Wisconsin is light years better and a win at Penn St away from a BCS berth. Illinois blows major [censored]. Of course, Illinois cannot look as bad as they did last week, but they will still look like Illinois. Big ten opponents are beating Illinois by 37.5 pts per game..ugh. (This even includes Indiana.)

Further analysis below if anyone isn't convinced yet.

Wisconsin has truly become a dual offensive system. Last year, they ran for 258 and passed for 99 against the Illini.
This year, the Badgers are averaging 210 through the air and 180 on the ground verse 167/ 161 last year. They've improved. Illinois has gotten even worse on D somehow. After giving up 230 passing, 194 rushing, 424 total yards per game last year, the Illini give up 228 passing, 227 rushing, 455 total this year. Expect 40+ from the Badgers. Illinois cannot stop the run, the pass, or the Champaign Centennial JV squad, while the Badgers are a good/ balanced offense that has scored 23, 41, 48, 38, and 31 points against Michigan, Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota, and Purdue (the points include a few special teams/defensive touchdowns that I was to lazy to back out).

The Illini offense ran for 42 yards and passed for 164 last year in Madison. You cannot really compare here as Zook has switched the entire scheme. The Badger D has been vulnerable. Boise St, Northwestern, and Minnesota had a field day against the Badgers and Purdue/Michigan moved the ball quite a bit, but Illinois has got nothing. The Illini coaching staff has decided to sacrifice the better, veteran players to get the youth some snaps and work for future years. Halsey and Thomas will not touch the ball much anymore. Look for the duo of Mendenhall and McPhearson to get far too many looks. Illinois has put up 14,7,13,and 10 in the 4 big ten games. 21 points tops for the Illini, more likely to see 13 again.

Final score prediction: Wisconsin 42, Illinois 12.
Take Wisconsin -19 @ Illinois

FYI, I'm 4-3 YTD on my Feeling in Champaign picks
I'm 12-5 NCAA ytd on 2+2 recommended picks

[/ QUOTE ]

I got on Penn on saturday cause I remembered your post and cuz I was drunk. Welp, Im drunk now so here I go again. Wisco -19? You got it /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MyTurn2Raise
10-29-2005, 05:56 AM
bump for probation

MHoydilla
10-29-2005, 06:28 AM
You still like the play with the line move? I reallize you probably got -19 but bumping that price dont help most of us as now we would have to lay -150 ish to get -19.

MyTurn2Raise
10-29-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You still like the play with the line move? I reallize you probably got -19 but bumping that price dont help most of us as now we would have to lay -150 ish to get -19.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn...went to sleep and didn't see this til halftime....My other thread listed I liked this up to -21. (I don't know why I didn't mention that here....I'm stoopid.) At -22, I'd still bet Wisconsin, but only for minimal units. It's only 10 at halftime, I go Wisky -11 2nd half. Gives me more to sweat.

MyTurn2Raise
10-29-2005, 03:27 PM
apologies to all. The game was actually closer than the score showed. I missed badly.

Wisconsin D was very suspect today, but, then again, it's tough to care against the Illini.