PDA

View Full Version : NWA TNA Impact on Spike

[censored]
10-25-2005, 03:37 AM
Any of the wrestling fans on here been watching TNA on Spike this month? I've checked out 2 of the 4 so far and i'm undecided if its any better than the crap the WWF serves up. The wresters certainly seem more capable of putting on the type of match I like but TNA seems to instead settle for the same old tired formula.

Somoa Joe seems interesting and worth watching.

sublime
10-25-2005, 03:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Any of the wrestling fans on here been watching TNA on Spike this month? I've checked out 2 of the 4 so far and i'm undecided if its any better than the crap the WWF serves up. The wresters certainly seem more capable of putting on the type of match I like but TNA seems to instead settle for the same old tired formula.

[/ QUOTE ]

well jason moved up a notch and you fell one.

really, how can you guys watch that nonsense?

sublime
10-25-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well jason moved up a notch and you fell one.

really, how can you guys watch that nonsense?

[/ QUOTE ]

i am not being a wise ass either, i dont get the appeal.

[censored]
10-25-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough to explain especially considering wrestling has been very bad the last 5 years or so IMO. It's fun I suppose watching the matches and wondering who will turn on who, or if X wrestler will rise all the way to the top. I guess for some people they can never get past the fact that it is "fake" which is cool as I can understand but I don't compare it to sports and don't have the problem.

The truth is if you think wrestling is crap there isn't anything that will change your mind nor would I try to. All I can say is its like a thousand other TV shows out there.

sublime
10-25-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough to explain especially considering wrestling has been very bad the last 5 years or so IMO. It's fun I suppose watching the matches and wondering who will turn on who, or if X wrestler will rise all the way to the top. I guess for some people they can never get past the fact that it is "fake" which is cool as I can understand but I don't compare it to sports and don't have the problem.

The truth is if you think wrestling is crap there isn't anything that will change your mind nor would I try to. All I can say is its like a thousand other TV shows out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved it as a kid, then it just got really awful. i guess you stuck around a bit longer than i did.

[censored]
10-25-2005, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved it as a kid, then it just got really awful. i guess you stuck around a bit longer than i did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I go through phases where I will check it out to see if its any good and if not Ill tune out for a 6 months to a year. I happened to catch one the Impact shows a couple of weeks ago and figured I would give it a shot to see if its any better than WWF.

bleu329
10-25-2005, 04:02 AM
i actually watched it tonight

it seemed more of how the WWF used to be

it was somewhat enjoyable, but I don't think wrestling will ever be as good as it once was...

daryn
10-25-2005, 04:11 AM
ugh.. you have that nice avatar, yet "prey" is misspelled as "pray"

[censored]
10-25-2005, 04:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

time to ban stuey I guess.....

Beer and Pizza
10-25-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I don't like either of your avatars. They are fine for a day or two for variety, but the non-stop special effects get boring fast. Just my humble opinion, I realize you probably don't care what I think.

[censored]
10-25-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I don't like either of your avatars. They are fine for a day or two for variety, but the non-stop special effects get boring fast. Just my humble opinion, I realize you probably don't care what I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Halloween thing only. I completely agree.

edit: but yes I don't care what you think.

sublime
10-25-2005, 04:30 AM
i was just thinking. i lost interest when the WWF started losing guys to the NWA. then i went a few years without watching any and turned on the TV to see some bizzare [censored].

old wrestling was the shizt.

[censored]
10-25-2005, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree except for me it has never been the same once WCW went under. Although sometimes I wonder if wrestling has stayed the same and I am the one who changed. It sure did seem to suck the last I watched though.

10-25-2005, 04:36 AM
I havent watched since I was a little kid, but I sure remember thinking it was the greatest thing EVER. Hulk Hogan was my hero, I actually remember crying when undertaker "broke his neck".

Im 21, so this would put me at about 7 or 8 when that happened at the oldest.

Hulk was the man.

Sgt. Slaughter, Bam Bam, Mr T.

Beer and Pizza
10-25-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just my humble opinion, I realize you probably don't care what I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is so easy to lead this horse to water. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

10-25-2005, 05:34 AM
NWA TNA is definately something worth checking out. These guys DO have something to prove and I think it reflects in their product. I lost interest in the WWE too and I find myself watching the show in waves. I'll go a period and watch the show religously then I won't watch for a series of months. I got real tired of the predictibility of the show. If the WWE wants to make their product better then I think they should:

1. Allow heels to win without cheating. This would give validity to faces when the they do win the match and make the audience guess at who will win. I always hated when it was clear who should win the match (the face) and yet you knew some cheating would offur.

2. Make heel turns more believeable. For ex, I remember when Stone Cold turned heel and it was just ridiculous. They tried so hard to get the fans to hate him. Just not gonna happen.

3. Longer matches. I remember serveral HBK vs Bret Hart matches. Long matches and you never did know who was going to win the match. That's how a match should be.

Although I do also wonder if it's not wrestling that has changed but me. It's probably both but I do miss the good ol' days of the WWF.

tinga81
10-25-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3. Longer matches. I remember serveral HBK vs Bret Hart matches. Long matches and you never did know who was going to win the match. That's how a match should be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those hour-plus ironman matches, falls count anywhere in the building, matches were the [censored]!

Dave G.
10-25-2005, 06:52 AM
Anyone remember that tag team Tables Ladders and Chairs match with Edge and Christian vs the Hardy Boys back in 99? Man that was just awesome. Best wrestling match ever. It may all be scripted and fake and all that, but you can't tell me those guys don't have some serious talent (not to mention ginormous balls).

canis582
10-25-2005, 08:22 AM
AJ Styles is one of the best workers in the business right now.

TNA needs to use the wwf cast offs (jeff hardy, road dogg, etc) to get their own wrestlers over.

samjjones
10-25-2005, 08:37 AM
I can't get past the 6 sided ring deal.

Soul Daddy
10-25-2005, 09:46 AM
I probably would have enjoyed it 5 years ago, but now I find it particularly meh. Their featured performers are all WWE rejects or just great workers w/ little personality or charisma. The only hook as far as I can tell is solid in-ring action, and unless you are just a hardcore fan, I can't see how that is enough. I'm a WWF mark though, even though I can't stand that either these days.

Dynasty
10-25-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree except for me it has never been the same once WCW went under.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrestling has lots of peaks and valleys. It'll be reinvigorated when somebody creates a new character which connects. It's not a coincidence that the two biggest booms in wrestling occured when Hulk Hogan and Steve Austin (and later The Rock) broke out in 1984 and 1998.

IndieMatty
10-25-2005, 10:14 AM
It's almost unwatchable. Raw hasn't been half bad lately.

DMBFan23
10-25-2005, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA

<font color="red">nWo</font> wolfpack 4 life

samjjones
10-25-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How much of this do you attribute to the return of Vince on TV? IMO, Vince = gold whenever he is onscreen.

Soul Daddy
10-25-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How much of this do you attribute to the return of Vince on TV? IMO, Vince = gold whenever he is onscreen.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can only assume you missed the pulling items out of J.R.'s ass skit?

samjjones
10-25-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I can only assume you missed the pulling items out of J.R.'s ass skit?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I did miss this. I guess they all can't be winners...

canis582
10-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Vince is only a genius when guys like Hogan, Rock and Stone Cold are main eventing. And his skits are only good when they involve one of those guys or Foley.

Guys he has pushed:

Mabel
Mark Henry
Giant Gonzolzes
Prince Albert
the Red Rooster
anyone care to add?....

IndieMatty
10-25-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Vince is only a genius when guys like Hogan, Rock and Stone Cold are main eventing. And his skits are only good when they involve one of those guys or Foley.

Guys he has pushed:

Mabel
Mark Henry
Giant Gonzolzes
Prince Albert
the Red Rooster
anyone care to add?....

[/ QUOTE ]

Kurt Angle
Rock
Mick Foley
Steve Austin
Triple H
Undertaker

This is fun!

vulturesrow
10-25-2005, 10:55 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah every time I try to watch it, I just keep thinking how gimmicky the six sided ring is. I would say it probably is close to qualifying as Wrestlecrap.

IndieMatty
10-25-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah every time I try to watch it, I just keep thinking how gimmicky the six sided ring is. I would say it probably is close to qualifying as Wrestlecrap.

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't start out like that IIRC; I don't know when it changed.

B Dids
10-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Wrestling is something you really have to understand to enjoy- and once you do, you really see the art to it.

Hint: It's not a sport and nobody who enjoys it thinks that it is. It's preformance art, plain and simple.

Impact Suffers from TNA building up WWE rejects and has beens more than their own home grown talent.

Chris Daniels and AJ Styles should tear the roof down though.

Big Business
10-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Samoa Joe is the man. If you like him you should check out some Ring of Honor DVD's. The Joe vs. Low Ki match is one of the best I have seen.

TNA is geat, but Jeff Jarrett needs to go away.

IndieMatty
10-25-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wrestling is something you really have to understand to enjoy- and once you do, you really see the art to it.

Hint: It's not a sport and nobody who enjoys it thinks that it is. It's preformance art, plain and simple.

Impact Suffers from TNA building up WWE rejects and has beens more than their own home grown talent.

Chris Daniels and AJ Styles should tear the roof down though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Also, there is a huge difference even now, with "Marks" and "Smarts". I assume most of us enjoy all the innerworkings of the business more then the show as a stand alone.