PDA

View Full Version : I am weak, interesting hand.

HuggyBear
10-25-2005, 03:32 AM
Party PLO $25
Table is play loose-passive preflop, taking flops for a raise 3-4 handed. I have been at table for 2-3ish orbits, watching things reasonably closely.

Button is Seat 6
UTG $27.65 - Solid, not overly aggressive or wild.
Raises from .25 to .85 UTG
MP2 (Hero) $60.95 - Solid image, got stack after reraising and stacking KKxx with AAxxds flopping flush to top set, been slightly aggressive
Calls with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif
MP3 $15.90 - Loose pre-flop, not terrible, but weak, over-values hands and weak draws, one of the reasons hero is at table
Calls
CO $18.95 - Not great, not awful, nothing special
Calls
Button $94.04 - Not sure how he got this stack, but has not been typical big stack that plays every pot, however, he will take flops and is pretty passive
Calls
BB $24.75 - just reloaded, solidish, shown down few hands that were outdrawn recently, but does not seem to be tilting
Calls

FLOP: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.95)

BB checks, UTG bets 4.95, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, BB folds.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($14.85)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG bets ($14.35), Hero calls.

Comments on all.

BluffTHIS!
10-25-2005, 03:44 AM
I would fold that hand preflop with a gap between the 9 and 7, but on the flop you have flopped a straight with a redraw and should raise it and be happy to take the pot there rather than allow an opponent to pick up more draws. If he raised with JT98 and called the raise and made a better boat on the turn, a vulnerability of bottom set, then you can re-evaluate depending on the action.

DRKEVDC
10-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Fold Preflop, these are the types of hands that get you in tons of trouble.

After the flop you have made the straight so the call is not bad, I would have raised to see where I was at. Once the board pairs it comes down to your reads. Would under the gun be playing Aces and when the board pairs checks?

I would fold the river.

joewatch
10-25-2005, 10:58 AM
I would raise it here 100% of the time. UTG could very well have TTxx.

10-25-2005, 12:44 PM
With the rainbow flop, temp nut straight, the boat redraw/blockers and UTG stack size in relation to yours, I think potting the pot is the best move. There seems to be no reason for trap checking to pull more money into the pot as your holdings are rather tenuous. You really want to take this pot down on the flop as half the deck will either give your opponents more outs or counterfeit your current holdings.

scdavis0
10-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Um raise the flop and get all in against a naked 79! Never just call with the nuts and a very good redraw!

10-25-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... I think potting the pot is the best move...

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant to say potting the flop here. I must have still been drunk.

Filip
10-25-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

FLOP: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.95)

BB checks, UTG bets 4.95, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, BB folds.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($14.85)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG bets ($14.35), Hero calls.

Comments on all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Preflop:
I do not fold that hand preflop, i like em.

Flop:
Are u hoping for overcallers when u only call the flop? I would raise anywhere betwen 1/3-2/3 of pot.

Turn:
Without a doubt i am betting, probably 1/3-1/2 pot, if he just calls he got quads /images/graemlins/smile.gif

River:
No point in raising since he leads out unless he is the type that will pay u of the with the higher str8.

HuggyBear
10-25-2005, 07:03 PM
UTG shows T/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gifa full house, Tens full of eights.
Hero doesn't show.
UTG wins $41.65 from the main pot with a full house, Tens full of eights.

Thanks for the input, sorry about the delay on results. I just want to make it clear that I am not thinking this hand is mindblowing or anything like that. Here are my thoughts.

Pre-flop: Most of the time this is going to play multiway, I will see what happens. I think I am way too loose preflop. I see around 35-40% of flops. Agreed?

Flop: My line is designed to make a large raise on the turn so long as; the board doesn't pair, a bigger straight card doesn't fall, trying to get a freeroll for all of UTG's stack. Is my hand strong enought to try this? Most of you seem to think no.

Turn: I am thinking I am WA/WB(drawing to 1), is a blockingish bet here good to see where I am, trying to get a cheap showdown by checking the river behind. I clearly have to fold if I get raised. I was not sure with this opponent if will bluff raise me here.

River: He might be thinking his straight is good, I was hoping he was betting an improved straight. I am really only catching bluffs here.

Here is a thought on not raising the flop. If I repot (he just calls) and a bad card comes (as described above) what is my line if bet at? if checked to? then raised? I imagine this is all just read dependent, but are there general/regular schools of thought or princibles in PLO that I should consider. I am pretty new to the game so any these things are very helpful

Thanks for the input.