PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Laptop Display Brightness Based on Power Source Question

cyberSTACK
10-25-2005, 03:23 AM
I am having a problem with my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. When I am running on batteries the display is quite dim, however, when I plug it into the wall, the display becomes brighter and much easier to look at.

I understand this is most likely a battery saving measure, however, does anyone know how to make the display the same brightness when it is running on batteries or plugged in?

Thanks!

TheTROLL
10-25-2005, 07:50 AM
I think there are two possibilities... Most likely is a BIOS setting (hit F2 or whatever key the startup screen indicates as soon as the PC is switched on). Other possibility is Control Panel/Display/Screen Saver/Power/(whatever tabs are provided there by the monitor driver).

wh1t3bread
10-25-2005, 10:06 AM
You can change that setting in the Bios if you want so that it is more permanent.

Or you can hold down the Fn key and the use the UP ARROW button to increase the brightness when you are running on just your batteries.

Hoopster81
10-25-2005, 02:17 PM
cool, thanks

cyberSTACK
10-25-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can change that setting in the Bios if you want so that it is more permanent.

Or you can hold down the Fn key and the use the UP ARROW button to increase the brightness when you are running on just your batteries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. This worked great.

JPinAZ
10-25-2005, 07:31 PM
There might also be a setting in the Power Options control panel to set the display brightness. On my wife's Toshiba you can set it based on the % remaining on the battery.