PDA

View Full Version : those that know, do. those that understand, teach.

10-25-2005, 03:13 AM
For the last few months I've been building up a bankroll playing 3/6NL, 5/10NL and 10/20NL at PartyPoker, constantly working on my game and moving up when I've been running well. Recently I've been seeing some very soft games at Ultimate Bet and was thinking about taking a shot at the short-handed NL games there. I then realized that this would be a great time for me to get some coaching and really finetune my game.
Basically, I am looking to pay someone lots of money to watch me play a few sessions and tell me how much I suck. Please PM me if are interested and feel you're qualified for the job.

chuddo
10-25-2005, 03:21 AM
i am willing to tell you how much you suck for for free, as it has something i have gotten used to from discussing hands with yeti.

but seriously, i am sure you probably are aware of this, but do you have much experience shorthanded?

it is likely you do, but i only ask as there is a very big difference between beating a full 10-20 table and beating a short one. but if not, i suggest sitting in some short games just to get used to the flow of the game before taking a shot higher.

i am sure some other posters can give you much better advice. but if and when you do take some shots, post some hands here, as it can be possibly interesting.

Ulysses
10-25-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Basically, I am looking to pay someone lots of money to watch me play a few sessions and tell me how much I suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does lots of money mean many thousands of dollars?

BluffTHIS!
10-25-2005, 05:48 AM
Free predictions in advance.

4 handed 50/100 nl on UB: arbitrary, KKF, GoG and jjackal.

Hand 1:
dealt to jjackal utg:AA - jjackal raises to 400, KKF folds, GoG folds, and arbitrary calls.
Flop: 742r - arbitrary checks, jjackal bets 800, arbitrary checkraises 800->2K, jjackal calls.
Turn: 2 - arbitrary checks, jjackal bets 4K, arbitrary checkraises 4K->10K, jjackal calls.
River: K - arbitrary pushes and jjackals calls.
Resuluts: arbitrary shows 72s for full house 2s full of 7s, and jjackal shows Aces over 2s. arbitrary wins pot 20K.

YOU SUCK REAL BIG!

Hand 2:
dealt to jjackal in bb, 75s - KKF raises to 350 - GoG folds (he does that a lot), arbitrary folds, and jjackal calls.
Flop: Ts8s5h - jjackal checks, KKF bets 500, jjackal raises 500->3K, KKF calls.
Turn: 2s - jjackal checks, KKF bets 5K, jjackal raises allin, KKF calls.
River: 4d - 2 players allin.
Results: jjackal shows 7s5s for flush T high, KKF shows AsKs for flush A high. KKF drags pot 20K.

YOU SUCK REAL BIG!

Hand 3:
dealt to jjackal in sb, QhJh - GoG folds, arbitrary raises to 350, jjackal calls, KKF folds.
Flop: QdJs2s - jjackal checks, arbitrary bets 700, jjackal raises 700->3K, arbitrary calls.
Turn: 4h - jjackal bets allin, arbitrary calls.
River: 6s - 2 players allin.
Results: jjackal shows QhJh for two pair Qs over Js, arbitrary shows QdQs for threee Qs. arbitrary wins pot 20K.

YOU SUCK REAL BIG!

jjackal leaves the table.

Ulysses
10-25-2005, 06:33 AM
You are mean.

The Truth
10-25-2005, 06:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Made me chuckle /images/graemlins/smile.gif

blake

Niwa
10-25-2005, 07:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Made me chuckle /images/graemlins/smile.gif

blake

[/ QUOTE ]

durrrr
10-25-2005, 07:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Basically, I am looking to pay someone lots of money to watch me play a few sessions and tell me how much I suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does lots of money mean many thousands of dollars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha i'd guess he means about 1k @ most.

10-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Lol you clowns always give me a good laugh. Those were some hilarious predictions, but they would never happen because I would never sit down with arbitrary of KKF. I'm not playing for the thrill of victory here- I am just looking to take some money off the monkeys that play 10/25 and 25/50NL, and get some coaching while I'm at it. I am not looking to outplay Prahlad (or whoever arbitrary is) headsup for 10k, I am looking to pull hit-and-runs on the whales that I've been watching.

AZK
10-25-2005, 01:30 PM
You shouldn't need caoching then if this is what you want to do, there are lots of ways to achieve what you want, none of which are particularly difficult or require someone to make sure you are doing them correctly...

10-25-2005, 05:09 PM
I agree that you don't really need a coach to snipe fish. However, at some point I will be playing some actual poker and having someone take a look at my game and plugging any obvious leaks would not only save me some money, but more importantly would allow me to play more confidently at the higher stakes. I am not much of a multi-tabler, and I know I would be much making more 2-tabling 25/50 NL than 4-tabling 10/20. As earlier stated, PM me if you're interested.

AZK
10-25-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not much of a multi-tabler, and I know I would be much making more 2-tabling 25/50 NL than 4-tabling 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

arod15
10-25-2005, 06:59 PM
Hire Tommy Angelo I heard he is a real good coach...

fsuplayer
10-25-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am not much of a multi-tabler, and I know I would be much making more 2-tabling 25/50 NL than 4-tabling 10/20.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

but dude, he's the jackal.

BluffTHIS!
10-25-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would never sit down with arbitrary of KKF

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, so you now are not playing 50/100 90% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not playing for the thrill of victory here- I am just looking to take some money off the monkeys that play 10/25 and 25/50NL, and get some coaching while I'm at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation = HEE HAW.

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking to pull hit-and-runs on the whales that I've been watching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then all you need to do is to buyin as short as possible and open push every time you get TT+ or AK and hope that it holds up and gets action, and that on short tables the blinds don't eat you up first.

Wow. I think you really are going to show those dopes and be a force to be reckoned with on those tables. One day soon, arbitrary and KKF and the regulars will login and see you on the table and decide it's really not a good game and find another table.

Ulysses
10-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Why are you so mean?

BluffTHIS!
10-25-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you so mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Donkeys deserve to be kicked just like bugs deserve to be squashed.

HoldEmKillah
10-25-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you so mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I played every hand perfectly every single time like you clearly do.

I was a donkey once and at times I still am. I shouldn't be "squashed or kicked." I don't see El D doing any squashing except at the tables. That's the only place behavior like that belongs, if at all. There should be another line added to the subject of this thread: "..those who think they are better than they are patronize and criticize."

BluffTHIS!
10-25-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey man, thanks for taking time from your busy day to input your 2cents. But I am talking about the OP's attitude that is present in his writings, and not about how he plays or how I or anyone else plays. His whole viewpoint is, "all these guys in the high limit nl games are a bunch of fish except for 3 or 4, so who can teach me how to beat them and then run away as soon as I double?". If you don't think that is donk-like thinking, then you're one too.

HoldEmKillah
10-25-2005, 10:58 PM
I agree with you there. I took issue with this:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps it was a statement entirely directed at the OP. If so, then fine. I took it as condescending to anyone who comes here seeking advice. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. That's how I viewed it and responded as such. And I'm not all the busy today.

James282
10-25-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not playing for the thrill of victory here-

[/ QUOTE ]

This is VERY important while moving up.

Make sure your kids EAT before you lay with those lambs.

You have to show them that you are no [censored] tourist and play right back at them.

If you want coaching, I can coach you for $750 an hour at the highest stakes online.
-James

10-25-2005, 11:35 PM
When did I ever say that everyone who plays high limit poker is a fish? In fact, I never even mentioned anything about limit. Take your medication and stop putting words in my mouth BluffTHIS, you bitter piece of [censored].
I guess people got the wrong impression when I said hit-and-run. What I meant was, I will be choosing my games carefully and when sitting down trying to get position on the fish so that I have a good chance of getting their stack. If that makes me a donk, so be it.

BluffTHIS!
10-25-2005, 11:37 PM
Killah, I was responding to El D. You are taking his questions to me seriously. El D has a dry sense of humour on occasion.

HoldEmKillah
10-25-2005, 11:39 PM
Bleh. Maybe I'm just tired and bitchy. It's late.

Carry on.

BluffTHIS!
10-25-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess people got the wrong impression when I said hit-and-run.

[/ QUOTE ]

We got the correct impression. It's too late now to spin it. And I was never talking about limit games here at all. And if you really weren't a total donk, you would know that you need position on good and often loose aggressive players, but not on fish.