PDA

View Full Version : Military Term?

Jorge10
10-25-2005, 02:32 AM
So anyway im just chilling, a friend of mine sends me a MSN message, "check out this "sand nigger"".

Well its a video of a guy dancing to some music.

I found this term to be seriously wrong, but he got it from the army as he served in the army. Am I the only one who finds this term wrong on more than one level?

Heres the video:

Dancing Guy (http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/2489/Tunak_Tunak_Tan.html)

Also the video was pretty funny, but the message kind of took me out of a comedy mood.

I dont know didnt feel like laughing afterwards, especially since I had run into a guy who had gone to the same high school as me earlier in the day and he was black, I couldnt stop thinking that my army friend had just insulted him.

Anyone else find this term extremely insulting? I dont know maybe im being too uptight.

Maybe this should be in the politics forum not sure, but since it had a video I wasnt sure.

10-25-2005, 02:37 AM
Hey jerkass333, I'm calling you out!
You wanna get lucky on party? Today is your lucky day!
I dodged the profanity filter once, and I WILL do it again!!!

ThaSaltCracka
10-25-2005, 02:37 AM
was this the first time you had heard it?

Jorge10
10-25-2005, 02:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess im behind the times.

ThaSaltCracka
10-25-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]well either way, it is certainly not a "military" term.

Jorge10
10-25-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]well either way, it is certainly not a "military" term.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed it was, my friend never watches the news. He recently came back from the army. I figure well if he never watched the news or kept up with the world he must have gotten that term while in the army. Thats why I assumed it was a military term.

ThaSaltCracka
10-25-2005, 02:47 AM
I am sure it is getting plenty of use over there, well atleast from the dumb crackers in the military.

ethan
10-25-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] This site (http://www.rsdb.org/) should help bring you up to speed.

10-25-2005, 03:08 AM
the weird part is, while I was in basic (medically discharged right before deployment), the only drill I had that used that term was a big burly black guy named drill sergeant Wheeler.

...wierdest thing

10-25-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the weird part is, while I was in basic (medically discharged right before deployment), the only drill I had that used that term was a big burly black guy named drill sergeant Wheeler.

...wierdest thing

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew a drill sgt named Wheeler. Where did you do your BCT?