PDA

View Full Version : Spewing?

ihardlyknowher
10-25-2005, 02:22 AM
Party Poker 20.00/40.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

BB is a LAG and Button is a TAG.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (10.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB.

Any value here, or just plain spewing?

10-25-2005, 02:26 AM
I wouldve folded the flop, and maybe folded preflop depending on how loose or aggressive the remaining players are. So based on my standards this is spewing. I really dont see what your checkraise on the flop accomplishes. Can you tell me what you were thinking at the time you made that play? I really am curious.

baronzeus
10-25-2005, 02:28 AM
haha im button here (me = lag too!!!)

as long as your are check-folding river, i think its ok.

edit: man this one is really close. if i call the flop raise i might be in calldown mode. the turn bet may or may not be spewing, i dont know. not sure how id play hands from my perspective /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

oh btw i dont like your CO raise

ihardlyknowher
10-25-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldve folded the flop, and maybe folded preflop depending on how loose or aggressive the remaining players are. So based on my standards this is spewing. I really dont see what your checkraise on the flop accomplishes. Can you tell me what you were thinking at the time you made that play? I really am curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a reasonable chance that neither opponent has an Ace and if I represent it here I may win without a SD. Button is definitely capable of folding 99-KK here and BB is the kind of LAG that likes to raise when everybody else doing it, so his PF cap doesn't necessarily mean much of a hand.

I should also mention that my turn bet is the last dollar I am willing to put into this pot. So I am risking 4SB to win 15.5SB.

10-25-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a reasonable chance that neither opponent has an Ace and if I represent it here I may win without a SD. Button is definitely capable of folding 99-KK here and BB is the kind of LAG that likes to raise when everybody else doing it, so his PF cap doesn't necessarily mean much of a hand.

I should also mention that my turn bet is the last dollar I am willing to put into this pot. So I am risking 4SB to win 15.5SB.

[/ QUOTE ]
If your reads are accurate, then I like the way you played it.

stoxtrader
10-25-2005, 08:28 AM
the flop play is bad I think. I Would fold this 100% of the time, vs a 3 bet AND cap out of the BB. It's just too expensive here.

If you think it's close we can sit down and do the math on how often you need to fold both players and be good vs how much it costs you to find out if you can do it. I don't think it's close, probably has to work about 20%-30% of the time to work and I think it's less than that.

given your line, you gotta bet the river.

10-25-2005, 10:28 AM
spew on the flop.