PDA

View Full Version : Coldcalling

AlexSem
10-25-2005, 02:15 AM
is not advocated in most literature. yet I routinely see regulars at 30/60 tables doing it with some really questionable hands.

Am I missing some strategic value in doing so?

Explain/Dicsuss please /images/graemlins/smile.gif

newhizzle
10-25-2005, 02:20 AM
a lot of the regulars at 30/60 are bad players

there are times when a cold-call is correct, usually with suited broadway cards or mid pairs when it looks like the pot will be multiway, but generally its best to 3-bet or fold

JacksonTens
10-25-2005, 02:28 AM
Let me guess they cc with AQo-ATo,KQo-KTo and QJo

Is this what we're talking about. Because this is bad. (at full ring) dunno about 6 max.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

AlexSem
10-25-2005, 02:31 AM
not even that.

some really brave coldcalls are made with Axs and [censored] like pocket pairs or as you have mentioned, suited connectors.

I am guessing the philosophy is that they're beating me if they flop a pair since I wont' and there's no reason to put more in the pot to find out if they do hit it since they'll be able to chase ppl out with a raise on the flop anyway?

Is my reasoning off or?

Klepton
10-25-2005, 02:35 AM
most of this is done because they are to big of a pussy to 3-bet something like A5s when they are on the button and the laggy CO raises.

btw having your 2p2 name and party screen name the same isn't the smartest thing in the world. (unless you're a feared 2p2er)

AlexSem
10-25-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm feared bigtime /images/graemlins/wink.gif

sorry for bumping this but I figure this thread deserves another kick.

TimM
10-25-2005, 03:33 PM
More likely, it's something like this: Guy sees you open raise from the button and go to showdown with something that, to him, is a hand not worth a raise. Now six hands later you open raise again. Obviously your raises don't mean anything, so he cold calls with any hand he was going to limp.

smurfitup
10-25-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
More likely, it's something like this: Guy sees you open raise from the button and go to showdown with something that, to him, is a hand not worth a raise. Now six hands later you open raise again. Obviously your raises don't mean anything, so he cold calls with any hand he was going to limp.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. even at the 30-60 level, many players don't understand the concept of isolating a weak raiser. they see that you were relatively weak last time you raised, so they think their hand is worthy to play with you this time, but not good enough to reraise since they reserve their re-raises only for the top hands. that's my take at least.

elindauer
10-25-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
btw having your 2p2 name and party screen name the same isn't the smartest thing in the world. (unless you're a feared 2p2er)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't this be an excellent way to setup an image and then take advantage of it at the table?

Now I'm in your head. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Eric

JacksonTens
10-25-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Wouldn't this be an excellent way to setup an image and then take advantage of it at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]

I want you guys to know, I play anytwo from anywhere and my raises I determined by a die I keep in my pocket.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif