PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette Brand loyalty?

10-25-2005, 02:00 AM
Over the summer I took up smoking cigarettes fairly regularly and now do it everyday. My usual choice are Camel Lights but the otherday I was forced to buy a pack of marlboro reds. They were terrible. Not at all similar to my usual camel lights.

A friend told me this is because the munfacturers deliberatly make it so, in order to make certain of brand loyalty. Is there any truth to this? or is my friend just making this stuff up

Clarkmeister
10-25-2005, 02:19 AM
More important than the taste developing brand loyalty, studies indicate that nicotine develops cigarette loyalty.

10-25-2005, 02:22 AM
obviously nicotine is addictive. My friend was implying that it goes deeper than just the nicotine. That the taste by itself was addictive enough to ensure you not only continue to smoke cigs, but also only smoke a certain brand.

Clarkmeister
10-25-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
obviously nicotine is addictive. My friend was implying that it goes deeper than just the nicotine. That the taste by itself was addictive enough to ensure you not only continue to smoke cigs, but also only smoke a certain brand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah. Cigarettes are disgusting. So once you acquire the taste for one flavor of disgusting, your body is loathe to go through the process of tolerating yet another flavor.

jonoo
10-25-2005, 02:34 AM
that avitar is amazing. I hate the astros and hope they get swept

Clarkmeister
10-25-2005, 02:36 AM
Stuey

Jeebus
10-25-2005, 02:37 AM
considering marlboro reds are much stronger than camel lights (which are about like a marlboro medium) the difference in taste is expected. On the other hand marlboro use more fermaldahyde which makes them taste differnt

Crimson
10-25-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Over the summer I took up smoking cigarettes fairly regularly and now do it everyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, this makes me laugh.

Big_Jim
10-25-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

A friend told me this is because the munfacturers deliberatly make it so, in order to make certain of brand loyalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

They deliberatly make it so the same way that Coke deliberatly tastes different than Pepsi. Which one you prefer works the same way.

NorCalJosh
10-25-2005, 03:26 AM
i feel much the same in reverse. i will choke down a camel when im on a quick break and out of my reds.