PDA

View Full Version : My first limp-reraise ever

Pog0
10-25-2005, 01:26 AM
So I'm relatively new to this game, I've only played 80k hands, and this is my first time ever limp-raising preflop.
What do you think?

2/4 game 9 handed.
Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

PRE-FLOP
2 limpers, I limp, MP2 raises, button, SB, BB all call, limpers call and it's back to me closing the action 7 way... I now reraise.

lighterjobs
10-25-2005, 02:21 AM
limping in mp with that hand depends on the table, but imo limp-raising with T9s is just spewing.

10-25-2005, 02:25 AM
I'd be happier if it were JTs, 76s or 65s. JT gives you the broadway and higher straights, while 76 and 65 give you two pair and trip combos that fewer people are likely to have. I think you'll be dominated more often with T9. But it is suited and they do connect so I disagree with lighterjobs that it's spewing.

JacksonTens
I hate LRR!
It always wrecks my BT raises.

JT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

hobbsmann
[ QUOTE ]
limping in mp with that hand depends on the table, but limp-raising with T9s is just spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree with this, I think this actually a fine place to do this as you hand plays well multiway blah blah. There are similar arguments to why LRR JTs/QJs for pot building purposes is good and I see T9s fitting fine into that group.

mtdoak
10-25-2005, 02:26 AM
If your going to do it....this is the situation to do it in.

MyTurn2Raise
10-25-2005, 02:37 AM
I love it...you're better than 1 in 7 to win against the typical range of opponent hands. +ev
everyone is trapped for 2 bets and will not fold if original raiser bumps it again.
you'll get paid off if you hit the flop. Most mid-limit don't expect the T9 raise, if they actually remember who raised.
You can put the original raiser on tilt if you crack their KK or AA, nice move for later hands.
Opens up a limp re-reraise later with AA or KK from early position as they will only give you credit for mid-suited connectors if you show down this time.

10-25-2005, 02:39 AM
I've limp reraised a couple of times on accident.

lighterjobs
10-25-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
limping in mp with that hand depends on the table, but limp-raising with T9s is just spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree with this, I think this actually a fine place to do this as you hand plays well multiway blah blah. There are similar arguments to why LRR JTs/QJs for pot building purposes is good and I see T9s fitting fine into that group.

[/ QUOTE ]

but he's closing the action. i don't see the point in it.

Borodog
10-25-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but he's closing the action. i don't see the point in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Equity edge.

hellite
10-25-2005, 03:47 AM
I really do not care for this. Yes your hand plays well multiway, but given the range of hands people raise with, cold call with, the possibility villain will cap and playing the hand out of position makes it a negative for me. If you are at a table with half wits then by all means you should shove chips in the pot, but against decent competition this is surely a losing proposition. Putting 4 bets in preflop with this hand is an absolute disaster in my opinion.