PDA

View Full Version : QQ from the BB

wrto4556
10-25-2005, 12:53 AM
Im pretty new to the table so I dont have much of a read. MP1 seems pretty tight/passive. He's open limped from MP and once check/called down with TPGK where he should have been bet/raising.

MP1 opens and its folded to me in the BB with two red queens. I 3-bet and MP1 calls.

30/60 at Bellagio

Flop is A /images/graemlins/heart.gif,9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif,2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (6.6sb)
I bet, MP1 raises, I call.

Turn is the Q /images/graemlins/club.gif (5BB)
I check, MP1 bets, I raise, MP1 3-bets, I call.

River is the 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif (11BB)
I bet, MP1 calls.

Does that look ok?

TaintedRogue
10-25-2005, 01:23 AM
Purrrfect. I don't think you can ask for anything more. Were you up against a made flush?

wrto4556
10-25-2005, 12:50 PM
well, there arent many made flushes that he could have. Ive seen him open limp from MP with marginal hands so I dont think he has JT /images/graemlins/heart.gif or something similar that often. I have the Q and the A is on board. Kx /images/graemlins/heart.gif is the only made flush I could put him on when he 3-bet the turn.
Besides made flushes I guess he could have AK with K of hearts or 99. AQ is far fetched but possible and Im assuming he 4-bets AA...

ugh. ive had a hard time putting this guy on a range. I feel like the turn can go 4-bets but i cant convince myself.

Thanks for any help I can get.

-Chris

The Truth
10-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Turn is an easy 4 bet. You are ahead of his range by a good margin, and if he has you beat you are drawing strong.

blake

nfscreech
10-25-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Kx is the only made flush I could put him on when he 3-bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given your description of the player, there aren't many Kx /images/graemlins/heart.gif hands that he's opening with PF (KJs, maybe KTs). I think you should go ahead and 4-bet this turn.

I don't understand why you called the turn 3-bet and then lead the river.

10-25-2005, 11:03 PM
i prolly man up and cap the turn for sure

James282
10-25-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn is an easy 4 bet. You are ahead of his range by a good margin, and if he has you beat you are drawing strong.

blake

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly agree with this response. I am virtually certain you are ahead here.
-James