PDA

View Full Version : Who banned AJo go all in?

bobbyi
10-25-2005, 12:44 AM
Daryn started a thread in the OOT to ask this. I am curious as well. AJo generally makes good strategy posts. Why is he banned?

[censored]
10-25-2005, 12:57 AM
ghost bumping

LINK (http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/2344/bumper3mv.jpg)

MrWookie47
10-25-2005, 01:00 AM
Man, why the hell has ghost bumping become the new trolling? It sure is a nusance. I guess people think that they can get away with it?

Evan
10-25-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ghost bumping

[/ QUOTE ]
Not stated in your sticky. One of the best posters on this forum. Strategy is more important than OOT and if you feel that strongly that I'm wrong in unbanning him than please ask Mat to take away my mod status.

[censored]
10-25-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ghost bumping

[/ QUOTE ]
Not stated in your sticky. One of the best posters on this forum. Strategy is more important than OOT and if you feel that strongly that I'm wrong in unbanning him than please ask Mat to take away my mod status.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bullshit evan, If you have a problem with the decisions im making you should take it to mat first. we have been over this before and yes you should absolutely lose your mod status.

BottlesOf
10-25-2005, 01:05 AM
can we spend a brief moment wondering why he has www.delinodeshields.com (http://www.delinodeshields.com) in his location /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Evan
10-25-2005, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ghost bumping

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bullshit evan, If you have a problem with the decisions im making you should take it to mat first. we have been over this before and yes you should absolutely lose your mod status.

[/ QUOTE ]
You hadn't posted yet or I would have. There were two threads about it and you hadn't responded in either. But like I said, demod or unmod or whatever me. You can deal with it if you like.

[censored]
10-25-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ghost bumping

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You hadn't posted yet or I would have. There were two threads about it and you hadn't responded in either. But like I said, demod or unmod or whatever me. You can deal with it if you like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I deal with the business of being a mod via PM and I had just been notified from another poster that he was claiming his account was by someone else, this done 2 minutes before you once again took it upon yourself to put your judgement ahead of another mod's. You're a joke.

Evan
10-25-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ghost bumping

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I deal with the business of being a mod via PM and I had just been notified from another poster that he was claiming his account was by someone else, this done 2 minutes before you once again took it upon yourself to put your judgement ahead of another mod's. You're a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know you like to ban people but I thought there was SOME chance that someone else did it. Either way, shouldn't you be gone (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3697337&page=&view=&s b=5&o=)?

Like I already said, if you think I'm a joke then have Mat demod me. I'm not interested in arguing about why I should or shouldn't be whatever.

bobbyi
10-25-2005, 01:37 AM
You guys can squabble like children all you want here, but seriously, stop bickering over it in the oot. Having these arguments in public undermines the credibility of the whole mod system and is completely unproductive.

BottlesOf
10-25-2005, 01:40 AM
I'm not sure I agree. Some things should definitely be left out of oot. But there's no opportunity for other people to voice support/disagreement with modding policy.

bobbyi
10-25-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But there's no opportunity for other people to voice support/disagreement with modding policy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I completely agree with this. But the important part of this sentence is "other people" (i.e., non-mods). This doesn't have anything to do with Evan and [censored] creating drama between themselves like a bunch of teenage girls.

MrWookie47
10-25-2005, 02:13 AM
I agree. At this point, I've resigned myself to sitting back, watching the OOT thread, and laughing. BTW, your post there - BIMO.

AngryCola
10-25-2005, 05:04 AM
I don't think it's your place to tell them where they should be having their discussions. If they want it out in the open, that's their business. Saying it, "undermines the credibility of the whole mod system," is completely ridiculous and makes me think there's someone here who takes things even more seriously than I do. That's not a good thing.

I've often said mods shouldn't make a habit of arguing in the public forums. However, that doesn't mean it's the end of the world when it happens. Maybe you should wait until you've been a mod for more than a week before you start telling these people how to behave.

As for the issue with Evan and [censored]...
I think Evan is completely wrong, and he needs to stop his behavior or have his mod status removed.

When I had a problem with Mat letting [censored] run OOT, I publicly voiced my displeasure and asked to be removed as a mod. If Evan did this, I don't think any rational person would think there was anything wrong with it. But unbanning a person [censored] banned just because he disagrees is rude and childish.

Dynasty
10-25-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think Evan is completely wrong, and he needs to stop his behavior or have his mod status removed...But unbanning a person [censored] banned just because he disagrees is rude and childish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, Evan is out of line. He just doesn't seem to respect other mods, including Mat who has specifically said Evan shouldn't be doing this.

Mat Sklansky
10-25-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm not eager to take away anybody's mod status right now. However, if Evan wants to overturn the decisions of other moderators without consulting me, then he will have to go.

It appears that AJo is the kind of poster who would have been unbanned, but evan should not have done so on his own accord.

I don't see how it could ever be an emergency that a poster be unbanned in a very short period of time, but if one is perceived, I had left phone numbers previously where I could be contacted.

So, Evan, if you will agree to never overturn another moderator without consulting me, I think we can carry on.

What do you say? What does everyone say or anyone say?

MrWookie47
10-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Sounds like a reasonable plan.

BottlesOf
10-25-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm fine with it. But it's more important what Evan and [censored] think.

AngryCola
10-25-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, Evan, if you will agree to never overturn another moderator without consulting me, I think we can carry on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me.

Why was the thread from OOT moved here?

durron597
10-25-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not eager to take away anybody's mod status right now. However, if Evan wants to overturn the decisions of other moderators without consulting me, then he will have to go.

It appears that AJo is the kind of poster who would have been unbanned, but evan should not have done so on his own accord.

I don't see how it could ever be an emergency that a poster be unbanned in a very short period of time, but if one is perceived, I had left phone numbers previously where I could be contacted.

What do you say? What does everyone say or anyone say?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am ok with this.

durron597
10-25-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So we would have it instead of having it deleted in case someone wanted to reference it.

See this thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3677257&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

AngryCola
10-25-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So we would have it instead of having it deleted in case someone wanted to reference it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I understand the whole vault concept. That's not really what I'm asking, though.

I'm surprised anyone was even thinking about deleting it. At most, it should end up being locked in OOT, IMO.

Evan
10-25-2005, 02:16 PM
You should take away my mod status. I don't want to agree to your clause, which means I'm probably not fit to be a mod in the first place.

I'm not okay with the way [censored] does things, and when it impacts areas of this site that matter, I'd rather just not have the ability to correct it if my doing so is going to ruffle too many feathers.

Mat Sklansky
10-25-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm going to wait for others to respond to this before granting evan's request.

BottlesOf
10-25-2005, 02:47 PM
I think it would be a shame if Evan stopped being a mod. There needs to be voices of reason against the oot moderating madness. At the same time, if Evan can't play by the rule of not unilaterally overruling a dumb ban, and he doesn't want to be a mod any longer, I don't see the point in compelling him to remain.

AngryCola
10-25-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the same time, if Evan can't play by the rule of not unilaterally overruling a dumb ban, and he doesn't want to be a mod any longer, I don't see the point in compelling him to remain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it matters if he views the ban as dumb. He shouldn't be doing that.

[ QUOTE ]
There needs to be voices of reason against the oot moderating madness.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are already more than a few, and his voice would continue to be heard even if he was no longer a mod.

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be a shame if Evan stopped being a mod

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but if he doesn't want to stop interfering with another mod's way of doing things, there's not much left to say.

MrWookie47
10-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Cola spelled out my thoughts more concisely than I could.

BottlesOf
10-25-2005, 03:22 PM
I feel like there was no need to break my post up sentence by sentence, as you didn't really disagree with anything I wrote.

I do think there is a diff. between a mod's voice on moderating policy and a user's voice. Partially this stems from the ability to participate in this forum. And, while there may be many (some?) mods who disagree with oot moderation, there are few who are vocal about it.

AngryCola
10-25-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel like there was no need to break my post up sentence by sentence, as you didn't really disagree with anything I wrote.

Just an observaion /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You're right, but it helped me put my comments in the order I desired.

BottlesOf
10-25-2005, 03:41 PM
I changed my orig. post as I found a possible disagreement /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AngryCola
10-25-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do think there is a diff. between a mod's voice on moderating policy and a user's voice. Partially this stems from the ability to participate in this forum. And, while there may be many (some?) mods who disagree with oot moderation, there are few who are vocal about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

While it is true that there isn't much vocal dissent about OOT moderation in this forum, I don't think it matters very much. I'm sure Mat listens to our opinions a bit more than your average poster, but he seems to care a lot about what the masses think, too.

Two reasons you don't see a lot of complaints in this forum about [censored]'s methods are:

1) Most mods agree with the way he does things.

2) They just don't have much of an opinion about it.

As for his voice in the other forums...
I'm not sure how positive or negative it is to have a mod being consistently vocal in public about his displeasure with [censored]'s methods. But I can almost guarantee you that giving up his mod status will get his point across more than almost anything he could post.

DcifrThs
10-25-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i strongly disagree w/ one aspect of censored's moderating OOT policy. that is that people like AJo are treated as normal "ninja bumpers" or whatever. just send him a PM saying "dont do that" and he wont. no need to ban him as he is an excellent strategy poster and this is a 2p2 strategy center, not an OOT center despite weighted average posts/posters participation.

Barron

BottlesOf
10-25-2005, 07:34 PM
It's so clear to you and me, but for some reason, many just don't get it.

[censored]
10-25-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i strongly disagree w/ one aspect of censored's moderating OOT policy. that is that people like AJo are treated as normal "ninja bumpers" or whatever. just send him a PM saying "dont do that" and he wont. no need to ban him as he is an excellent strategy poster and this is a 2p2 strategy center, not an OOT center despite weighted average posts/posters participation.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I've explained this many times and I will again. I do treat strategy posters better than non strategy posters. If any one mod at any time PM'd me and said hey AJo is an elite strategy poster and vital to the forum could you unban him I would have done so immediately and then sent him a PM. Anyone who has taken the time including a few mods and several posters to PM me in the past knows this to be true.

When Daryn PM'd me I had already started going over it with him when Evan acted on his own.

BottlesOf
10-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Just look at their registration. If they've been here before OOT existed, and they have hundreds if not thousands of posts, they're a strategy poster and valued to 2+2 with very few exceptions.

Dynasty
10-25-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just look at their registration. If they've been here before OOT existed, and they have hundreds if not thousands of posts, they're a strategy poster and valued to 2+2 with very few exceptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

OOT existed (as Other Topics) when this new software started being used. So, nobody has a registration date which precedes OOT. The Other Topics forum was around for a long time before I started posting in 2001.

AngryCola
10-25-2005, 07:48 PM
I don't know why you guys have such a problem with someone being banned for half a day after doing something silly in OOT. I can't think of a single instance in which [censored] has banned a 'good poster' for any significant period of time. Can you? If so, I may have to rethink my position.

Things seem to get dealt with quickly, and the biggest problems almost always come from all the people complaining about a 20 minute ban. Maybe if you guys stopped to actually consider how [censored] handles these things, there wouldn't be so much outcry.

[censored]
10-25-2005, 07:59 PM
alright let's move on the issue has been settled.

JBB I will make an increased effort to make sure that I'm being careful with strategy posters when it comes to banning. This issue was special in that there was a rash of ghost bumping over the weekend as I was going through multiple offenders during the day. Ajo simply wasn't on my radar when it came to the good strategy posters who post in OOT.

BottlesOf
10-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Fair enough. I do appreciate you making the effort.