PDA

View Full Version : favorite counting crows song?

MightyMouse
10-24-2005, 11:32 PM
my favorite of all time, first ballot rock and roll hall of fame guarantees, they are amazing.

I'd have to say that my favorite song is "If I could give all my love to you." It's so good.

So OOT, what's yours??

10-24-2005, 11:34 PM
Holiday in Spain, sentimental reasons.

stanky
10-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Which ever one goes "I belong, in the service of the Queen" or something like that.

jason_t
10-24-2005, 11:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Which ever one goes "I belong, in the service of the Queen" or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rain King.

istewart
10-24-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rain King.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very horrible to learn that you know this.

MightyMouse
10-24-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rain King.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, its a horrible, horrible thing.

jason_t
10-24-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rain King.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

lapoker17
10-24-2005, 11:53 PM
miami or i wish i was a girl or anna begins

MightyMouse
10-24-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rain King.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm making fun of istewart. i couldnt remember off the top of my head which song it was although i knew it was from August and Everything After.

stanky
10-24-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rain King.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep thats it. I picked up a local radio stations live compilation CD and it was on there. I almost made me want to buy a Counting Crows album...almost

MightyMouse
[ QUOTE ]
miami or i wish i was a girl or anna begins

[/ QUOTE ]

hey...you cant pick three, or i would throw in mrs. potter's lullaby, round here, a long december...oh wait its FAVORITE.

JK...good to see other CC fans around here. i heard rumors they broke up. is this true?

jokerthief
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rain King.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What an odd thing to say. Strange. I guess that's better than LOL, YSSCKYS, SIIHP, or what ever mindless one word or sentence response you usually post.

Irieguy
10-25-2005, 12:11 AM
Anna Begins.

And it's not close.

Irieguy

dsw1977
10-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Not broken up - in fact, playing in LA tomorrow (Tues) night.

James282
10-25-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rain King.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm making fun of istewart. i couldnt remember off the top of my head which song it was although i knew it was from August and Everything After.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say they are your favorite of all time and you don't even know Rain King? Are you kidding me?
-James

James282
10-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Also, I think I have 2 because they are so different. Raining in Baltimore and Angels of the Silences(the vh1 storytellers version).
-James

shadow29
10-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Rain King with the Thunder Road add-in

OR

St. Robinson In His Cadillac Dreams

jason_t
10-25-2005, 12:35 AM
I went through most of their catalogue before posting my answer. Well, I didn't reach a conclusion, it's either Anna Begins or Raining in Baltimore followed by A Long December.

coffeecrazy1
10-25-2005, 12:56 AM
Raining in Baltimore or Colorblind

James282
10-25-2005, 12:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I went through most of their catalogue before posting my answer. Well, I didn't reach a conclusion, it's either Anna Begins or Raining in Baltimore followed by A Long December.

[/ QUOTE ]

A long december is a great choice as well. I am not nearly as into CC as I used to be, but right as my interest was beginning to wane I was really getting into the song Recovering the Satellites(as opposed to the whole album). Those first 2 albums were just so [censored] good I couldn't helped but be disappointed by every one that succeeded them.
-James

10-25-2005, 12:59 AM
A Long December

NotMitch
10-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Einstein on The Beach (for an Eggman)

J.Brown
10-25-2005, 01:23 AM
Anna Begins.

cheers. J.

jason_t
10-25-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A long december is a great choice as well. I am not nearly as into CC as I used to be, but right as my interest was beginning to wane I was really getting into the song Recovering the Satellites(as opposed to the whole album). Those first 2 albums were just so [censored] good I couldn't helped but be disappointed by every one that succeeded them.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they fell apart for me too after Recovering the Satellites. I got back into them again a little after Films about Ghosts was released, but only now give August and Everything After and Recovering the Satellites the rare listen.

SossMan
10-25-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they fell apart for me too after Recovering the Satellites. I got back into them again a little after Films about Ghosts was released, but only now give August and Everything After and Recovering the Satellites the rare listen.

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys are crazy...this desert life was so good. hard candy had it's moments (holiday in spain, up all night). Mrs Potter, amy hits the atmosphere, i wish i was a girl, st. robinson.

Of course, August and RTS are great, too. hell, i like them all. and they are not breaking up, but about half the band has been replaced.

Subfallen
10-25-2005, 04:22 AM
The answer is "Good Time."

Ship it.

TheHip41
10-25-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my favorite of all time, first ballot rock and roll hall of fame guarantees, they are amazing.

I'd have to say that my favorite song is "If I could give all my love to you." It's so good.

So OOT, what's yours??

[/ QUOTE ]

I Wish I Was a Girl

Amy Hit the Atmosphere

MyTurn2Raise
10-25-2005, 05:03 AM
Angels of the Silences

2+2 wannabe
10-25-2005, 05:05 AM
um, how is mr. jones not on here yet?

twang
10-25-2005, 05:10 AM
Best: Angels of the silences
Funniest: New Frontier
Worst: Big yellow taxi (I can't get past the Janet Jackson version)

TheHip41
10-25-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
um, how is mr. jones not on here yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they have much better/deeper songs than this.
I like Mr. Jones, but not their best song.

BobboFitos
10-25-2005, 06:56 AM
mrs potter's lullaby

tbach24
10-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Round Here

Okay, nice nice

ZZzzZZzzZZzz

Bradyams
10-25-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A Long December

[/ QUOTE ]

jnalpak
10-25-2005, 10:11 AM
anna begins

Soul Daddy
10-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Omaha

pokerdirty
10-25-2005, 10:28 AM
mis-ter sho-lam-ee

EDIT- i was in elementary school when this song came out, and i SWORE this is what the song was saying... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

IndieMatty
10-25-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm not a fan, but they have some really good songs,

Rain King, Anna Begins or Einstein Down on the Beach if I had to choose.

Special mention to Duritz's solo act and his cover of Carmalita.

August and Everything After and Third Eye Blinds - Blue album are/were serious guilty pleasures of mine, and actually both are excellent albums no matter what.

10-25-2005, 10:37 AM
Probably Long December or Hangin' Around

MightyMouse
10-25-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

August and Everything After and Third Eye Blinds - Blue album are/were serious guilty pleasures of mine, and actually both are excellent albums no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't classify these as guilty pleasures. Considering you listen to indy music.

tbach24
10-25-2005, 10:46 AM
YSSCKY

Sheepscot
10-25-2005, 10:55 AM
If I Could Give All My Love

IndieMatty
10-25-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't classify these as guilty pleasures. Considering you listen to indy music.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I only listen to bands from Indiana.

DukeSucks
10-25-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Omaha

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked that one until I moved here. The local college baseball team plays it 100 times every game.

Dominic
10-25-2005, 12:21 PM
my favorite is the one where that no-talent, whiney-ass bitch they have as a singer doesn't sing. That one.

nyc999
10-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Favorite: Long December

Should Never Have Been Recorded: Big Yellow Taxi

trying2learn
10-25-2005, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anna Begins.

And it's not close.

[/ QUOTE ]

BeerMoney
10-25-2005, 01:47 PM
Good Topic.

The correct answer is Mrs. Potter's Lullaby.

MightyMouse
10-25-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my favorite is the one where that no-talent, whiney-ass bitch they have as a singer doesn't sing. That one.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can say you don't like the sound of his voice, but cannot refer to him as "no-talent". i dont like elton john's voice, but i recognize him as a very gifted singer nonetheless.

dominic, you need to reevaluate yo-self.

stabn
10-25-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Good Topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

While this is a solid song with a decent intro i'm not sure if it cracks the top 5.

CollinEstes
10-25-2005, 01:54 PM
Skimmed through the replies and I didn't see my favorite yet:

Colorblind.

B Dids
10-25-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rain King.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind this song, but it does make me sad that jason likes this bad, who have always struck me as horrible.

SossMan
10-25-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The answer is "Good Time."

Ship it.

[/ QUOTE ]

god, that's such great guitar in that song.

UMTerp
10-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Ahh, my favorite band. It'd be impossible to name just one favorite, but a few songs I love would be:

- The Acoustic version of Have you Seen Me Lately on their "Live from NY" Disc << If I was forced to pick one, this is probably it
- Acoustic version of Capapult from the same CD
- Goodnight Elisabeth
- Amy Hit the Atmosphere
- Why Should You Come When I Call?
- Anna Begins

And a few of my favorite covers they do:
- Caravan (Van Morrison)
- The Ghost in You (The Psychedelic Furs)
- Live Forever (Oasis)

What a great band. They are so good in concert - hope they go back on tour soon. It's been a while. They're actually playing a show in LA tonight with the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra, but I'm on the wrong coast.

Dominic
10-25-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you can say you don't like the sound of his voice, but cannot refer to him as "no-talent". i dont like elton john's voice, but i recognize him as a very gifted singer nonetheless.

dominic, you need to reevaluate yo-self.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay....maybe youre right....I'll re-evaluate...

hold on...still evaluating....

no...I was right the first time. Adam whats-his-name is a whiney-ass no-talent poser, and to compare him to Elton John is ridiculous.

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JMP300z
10-25-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Good Topic.

[/ QUOTE ]