PDA

View Full Version : A (possibly dumb) question...

3N1GM4
10-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Ok, so I have recently started to take my cash game much more seriously and I am working hard on improving my game by playing lots, reading lots and thinking lots.

I stuck $500 into Prima to play 25c/50c NL 6-max and currently have about $900 in my BR (so $300 profit so far) after about one month (or 5k hands) of play. I use PT to record my progress and analyse my game after playing.

Now, I know that it is said you need a sample of somewhere in the region of 50k-100k hands to draw any solid conclusions from PT data, such as how much you are really beating a level for, but I was wondering at what point you can say with some certainty that you are at least beating a level at all?

I assume 5k hands is nowhere near enough to draw such a conclusion, but I was wondering if (roughly) there will be a point between now and 50k hands where I can pretty much safely assume I am a winning player at the games I am playing?

As I say, I currently only have 5k hands since this deposit, but my relevant stats are:

VP$IP - 20%
PFR% - 8.8%
PTBB/100 - 6.33

I'm just basically looking for some reassurance that I'm heading in the right direction, and wondering if my sample is yet sufficiently large to draw any kind of meaning from my data.

Helpful advice and comments would be much appreciated.

swolfe
10-24-2005, 11:16 PM
search for homer's post "how many hands?"

Riposte
10-24-2005, 11:20 PM
10k hands, then you'll know.