PDA

View Full Version : gl tonight dux

lorinda
06-08-2003, 01:04 AM
Good Luck in 3 hours time Dux...and anyone else from here who is playing (dink?).

Lori

dux
06-08-2003, 01:47 AM
and anyone else from here who is playing (dink?)

I tried, but alas I think I will be holding up the 2+2 fort.

Good Luck in 3 hours time Dux
Thanks, if I get as much luck as I got in both zoo tournies, I might be a chance.

Dink, ALL1N and any other Aussie or New Zealander who reads this, you have been warned: <font color="red">2 hours 25 minutes until the event</font color>. Ample time to sign up at PokerStars and it's only $33 USDs (~$50 AUDs).

Good luck to everybody who plays, and we should pass the magical 46 sign ups for a final table payout.

bentlyman
06-08-2003, 01:54 AM
Good luck Dux, Dink. Take no prisoners.

dux
06-08-2003, 03:46 AM
Just bumping this thread to say this:
<ul type="square">
I have changed my picture for today's tournament, I hope it works
Entries for the Aust/NZ champs have hit 61
There is 1/2 an hour to go.
[/list]

dux
06-08-2003, 04:50 AM
Thanks to those who wished me luck from the rail, so far Simon Diamond, GrannyMae, and ALL1N have dropped by. I am in about 8th...but it's way too early for that to mean much.

I feel like onlinechamp for two reasons, people are dropping in to watch me play, and I've responded to my own post 3 times.

GrannyMae
06-08-2003, 05:05 AM
I've responded to my own post 3 times

i would guess that OC has responded to his own words in OVER 50% of his posts.

fortunately, you have a long way to go there too. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

keep kickin ass, i'll cya at the final table.
DON'T DO NOTHING STUPID!!

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/j0/thinking.gif

dux
06-08-2003, 07:00 AM
Support ur fellow 2+2er as he approaches the final table - was in the lead but have hovered since...thanks also to Rusty Jedi and G-Love...is that bently? Anyways, they popped in to support me...down to about T8k now, still a chance at top 9.

dux
06-08-2003, 07:18 AM
I'm struggling with a small stack and need to double through now...shades of final table of the Zoo, but there is still 3 tables left here.

Hung
06-08-2003, 07:26 AM
Pity I didn't see this earlier. I could have got up early to see you play. I guess you didn't make it Dux. You would have posted it...

I jut bought wireless lan. Now I can play poker WHERE and when I want. hahaha
I'll go and sit in the garden. Enjoy the nice weather, drink a coctail and win/lose some money.

HeartsKing
06-08-2003, 07:35 AM
He's still playing. He just got admonished by the online host for posting updates here every 3 mins. rather than focusing on his game.

He's got about 11 K in chips. 24 players left. pays top 9

Hung
06-08-2003, 08:57 AM
Is the game still on? Where?

dux
06-08-2003, 09:10 AM
4 and a half hours and I'm out - 11th. Two short of the money.

After being in the lead early, I raised with KJs in MP - a standard steal, with about 4 or 5 tables left. I got no help on an 8 high flop, he bet small I raised, he called. The turn was another 8, but giving me a flush draw - we both checked. The river was a beautiful 9, giving me a flush. He bet 3k, I raised him all in for another 5, and he called with 98 (8s full of 9s). That was a T21,000 pot, which would have given me a definitive lead, but instead I was left with 4k.

From then on, I just survived, found AA, KK, JJ, AKs and got no action. A few steals and flop bets winning me a pot, and I got back up to T12,000. With two tables left I had to try and survive, but it only takes one busted steal to erase much hard work. I kept finding myself at about 6k-10k, but amazingly I was always in position 8th - 10th! There were no medium stacks, just big leaders and a bunch of ankle biters. However, when it got down to 11 people, I was dismayed to find there was me on 6k, another on 3k, but daylight in between. I found 66 UTG, and decided that was my only chance, the stakes being at 300/600 blinds with 50 ante. The big blind had QQ. The board helped neither player, except giving me a few gutshot outs which never came home.

Thanks to bently who stayed and watched the final two tables, it's a shame I couldn't get a return...very dissapointing. It may have only been a $33 PokerStars tourney, but I wanted to win this one for obvious reasons.

It may not have been a big tournament, but there were seemingly some high stakes live tournament players, and to win in that field would have been great.

All in all it was a positive experience, and to get 83 players out of two small nations (population and poker wise) was fantastic.

Thanks to everybody.