PDA

View Full Version : lost season 1

MightyMouse
10-24-2005, 10:33 PM
i didnt feel like going through all the threads etc. to see if this would correlate.

my favorite TV shows are arrested development and 24, which most of OOT likes.

the other show which gets mentioned a lot here is lost. convince me to buy the first season.

10-24-2005, 10:40 PM
I just got into Lost about two weeks ago, when I stayed home sick one day and rented the first disc of season one. I rented it on Friday. I had gone through all 6 discs, about 18 hours, by Monday. I've since gotten the first five episodes of the second season off of Limewire/iTunes, and am counting the days until my first new episode. So many cliff hangers, so little time.

BottlesOf
10-24-2005, 10:42 PM
You def. should get LOST. If 24 is still one of your favorites after seasons 3 and 4 you gotta watch some new tv.

MightyMouse
10-24-2005, 10:45 PM
i think season 1 of 24 is the best series of any show ever. i thought 3 was better than 2, but still very good. waiting anxiously for season 4 to come out.

you guys have me convinced to get lost.

ty

scott8
10-24-2005, 10:45 PM
I almost echo this completely.

I went to Hawaii a few weeks ago with my girlfriend and bought the first season of Lost for the plane ride.

If you didn't know, Lost was filmed in Hawaii. So we watched the first few episodes on a plane to Maui. She was freaked out during the plane scenes, but I enjoyed the connection I felt to the art.

Anyway, we have both decided collectively that after pouring through the whole season and catching up on this season that this is definately our favorite show.

We also watched the first 3 seasons of 24 on DVD, and if you liked those, Lost is even better.

BottlesOf
10-24-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think season 1 of 24 is the best series of any show ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch Seasons 1 and 2 of Alias, and tell me you still feel that way.

MightyMouse
10-24-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i think season 1 of 24 is the best series of any show ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch Seasons 1 and 2 of Alias, and tell me you still feel that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

watched season 1 of alias. i have a much easier time believing jack can take 20+ highly trained terrorists than sidney can take on one man. i just cant get over it to enjoy the show.

Voltron87
10-24-2005, 10:50 PM
lost is the [censored]. the second season has fallen off a bit, but only because they are "holding the awesomeness back". i have no doubt that it will finish well.

24 season one could have been much better. i liked it, but how many times are they going to do the "oh [censored] she was shot and lying dead on the ground oh [censored] shes acutally alive oh [censored] her car crashed and blew up oh [censored] shes actuall alive" crap, that was BS.

MightyMouse
10-24-2005, 10:52 PM
voltron do you know bobbofitos?

Voltron87
10-24-2005, 10:52 PM
yes

BottlesOf
10-24-2005, 10:53 PM
I love what I consider well-thought out conspiracy plots. Realism is really not important to me.

Nick B.
10-24-2005, 10:54 PM
Don't buy it. I bought season 1 and watched all of it within like 3 days, now it sucks. Just wait until all the seasons are done and buy the whole thing.

10-24-2005, 10:55 PM
good show

lastchance
10-24-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love what I consider well-thought out conspiracy plots. Realism is really not important to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely agree here. Arvin Sloane is the nuts.

And if you're looking for new shows to watch, go down this (http://www.tv.com/shows/topshows.html) list. Some of these can be real crap, while you may not like others, but all in all, it pretty much has every truly awesome show on TV right now.

DukeSucks
10-24-2005, 11:00 PM
I really like it a lot.
I downloaded the first season, and watched it all in about a week. Now it's hard having to wait a week (or 3 /images/graemlins/frown.gif) between episodes.

GrandmaStabone
10-24-2005, 11:38 PM
I got the entire first season of LOST based entirely on it's reputation in OOT. This show is fantastic, I am completely addicted. I watched all 20-some hours of the first season in less than a week.

James282
10-24-2005, 11:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just got into Lost about two weeks ago, when I stayed home sick one day and rented the first disc of season one. I rented it on Friday. I had gone through all 6 discs, about 18 hours, by Monday. I've since gotten the first five episodes of the second season off of Limewire/iTunes, and am counting the days until my first new episode. So many cliff hangers, so little time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This pretty much exactly describes my experience with Lost, Season 1. Worth the 50 bucks you'd spend to buy it.
-James

MightyMouse
10-24-2005, 11:48 PM
got it for 36 at that 4 dollar DVD store.

daveymck
10-25-2005, 07:12 AM
Us brits are miles behind I think episode 10 of the first series. Was getting sick of waiting so downloaded the rest of season 1 and up to date on season 2.

My interest is starting to wane I am up to episode 3 or the new season, the 3-4 minutes or repetitive material at the start gets on my nerves. I dont think things are moving on that fast and I did think that the ending of season 1 was all a bit of an anti climax. I also dont think its as intelligent as some on here have said all the main points ie the numbers, linking of peoples pasts were rammed down the audiences throats. Need to dig out that link to the lost board and see if I am missing some of the subtleties of it.

I will keep watching but there there has been better US drama out than this in the past.

steelcmg
10-25-2005, 07:19 AM
I have rented the first 3 discs of lost and its doing the same to me that 24 did the first time i watched it. I just want to keep watching to know what happens next. It made me stay up late last night and now i feel like crap. Its a great show i cant wait to see season 2 and im not even dont season 1 yet.

You should see it for sure.

James282
10-26-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
got it for 36 at that 4 dollar DVD store.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I think about how much I spend on things, I round to the nearest 50.
-James

DeeJ
10-27-2005, 05:24 AM
I break a rule today not to ever post in OOT /images/graemlins/blush.gif

This has been on the UK but I know it's bigger in the US. Some of you may enjoy this if it hasn't already been linked
LOST (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/lost)