PDA

View Full Version : Possible leak, any thoughts

rbear
10-24-2005, 09:56 PM
Reviewing my hh's, and I think I may have found a leak. It seems like a lot of times, after doubling up early, I test what seems to be position raises to me by raising 3x. It seems that I lose more chips than I gain. Anyone else do this, or am I just a moron? I think if anything it should be 3x, as 2x gives pot odds, and more skews risk/reward.... I am leaning towards abandoning this and just focusing on my end game... Any thoughts?
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

bluefeet
10-24-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm old. I don't follow /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Are you saying you feel you take positional raise opportunities too freely? Not raising enough? Too much?

Any examples?

jmillerdls
10-24-2005, 10:15 PM
thought he meant that he re-raises people that seem to be position raising.

rbear
10-24-2005, 10:19 PM
sorry about that....
for example... if i have 1600-2000 early in 55 or below and am in a hand, say a BB, where the flop comes 3 rags, and it checks to button who bets half to three quarter pot, a lot of times i'll put 200-300 in to represent hitting the flop hard... and testing what i feel is nothing more than a position raise... It seems like I'm losing big when I lose, and am not picking up enough to make it worth it... Do you do anything like this... Half pot bluffs work out great, and i'm wondering if I should just stick to that... This situation also gets me into trouble defending my BB to SB's

Scuba Chuck
10-24-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Reviewing my hh's, and I think I may have found a leak. It seems like a lot of times, after doubling up early, I test what seems to be position raises to me by raising 3x. It seems that I lose more chips than I gain. Anyone else do this, or am I just a moron? I think if anything it should be 3x, as 2x gives pot odds, and more skews risk/reward.... I am leaning towards abandoning this and just focusing on my end game... Any thoughts?
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are a moron. What buyin? Does your hand generally fair well post flop? What size blinds? What color is your hair?

Edit: How much meta-game do you think you need to beat the $55s and below?

rbear
10-24-2005, 10:25 PM
usually the 22's.... I don't know when/why I started doin this... and I think it's most likely -ev.. p.s. Thanks for being gentle

10-24-2005, 10:35 PM
I dont think most players at the 22s are disciplined enough for this play to work. they are to content with middle pair or top pair lowsy kicker. i say steer clear of these type of plays as much as possible especially early on.

bluefeet
10-24-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont think most players at the 22s are disciplined enough for this play to work

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the biggest problem. Not enough "smart" players will get off any reasonable post-flop hand.

I'm personally not making any adjustments early in the tourney...big stack or not. Throwing your weight around during the intermediate levels (open aggression) would be more advantageous IMO.

rbear
10-24-2005, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm considering this a huge leak that could be responsible for downswing. Think I was forgetting my goals here, due to a lot of MTTing as of late. Appreciate the help.