PDA

View Full Version : AA, board pairs on river

newhizzle
10-24-2005, 09:14 PM
Hi, this is my first hand post in mid/high, im a regular poster of small stakes and recently moved up, so now ill probably be posting here more

Villain is TAG

Party Poker 20.00/40.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(8 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7.00 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

standard?

DcifrThs
10-24-2005, 11:53 PM
welcome to the forum. congrats on getting this far.

do you think villian has KQ? AK? AQ? Q2? K2? ... IF villian is a tag he certainly misplayed some of those hands.

if you allow that villian may be a poor postflop playing TAG then good river raise. the only thing is what do you do to a 3bet? if you can call profitably (i.e. he'd slowplay AK and 3bet the river) or easily fold (he'd never 3bet w/ less than or equal to two pair) then i like it. otherwise, while getting a feel for a new limit, i like a call

Barron

newhizzle
10-25-2005, 12:10 AM
my read on villain was only after 20 or so hands, if i remember correctly his stats were something like 17/9/6(really high AF, but small sample size)

i figured the most likely hands hed c/r the turn with were KQ or a set, and didnt think hed 3bet the river with KQ and could probably safely fold if he did, although i may have looked at his AF again and called

baronzeus
10-25-2005, 12:21 AM
congrats on moving up, saw you at my table today. (ps some douchebag tag thought it would be cool to float me every hand. i lost at least 3 pots to him before i realized what was up)

as for the hand, i think i like it. KQ is his most likely hand. he would have 3bet with KK-QQ here, and 66 is very unlikely. the other possibility is 22 but theres no way he peeled the flop for 22 here.

so since there are like 9 comboes of KQ and only 1 combo of 66 i like the raise.

also if he's loose enough to call the SB with K6s and Q6s there are 2 comboes of each of those out there...you are losing to those but the 9:5 ratio of hands you beat to hands you lose to is enough to raise here.

newhizzle
10-25-2005, 12:35 AM
thanks baron(and barron)

also i appreciate your support in the SS thread yesterday

i didnt get 3-bet here, but given the read on villain, what would you do if 3-bet?

baronzeus
10-25-2005, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thanks baron(and barron)

also i appreciate your support in the SS thread yesterday

i didnt get 3-bet here, but given the read on villain, what would you do if 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know, i suck at folding, id call.