PDA

View Full Version : Heads up vs. Semi-Loose Agg. Agg.

10-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Need some help playing heads up against SLAA players. I run into a lot of situations when i'm in late position or in the blinds and one of theses guys comes in with a raise in in MP or LP. Nobody else in in the hand and likely blinds will fold or Im in the blinds so heads up is where i have my problems. These players are likely to bet all the way to the river regardless of what comes out. If I have pretty much any decent hand in the blinds I will call, usually will 3 bet in late position with medium to high pair or AJs or better. Problem comes when the flop comes rags or 1 high card. Whats the best strategy against these types of players when it appears both of us has missed the flop. I know when I hit the flop to bet and bet hard, but when I miss with no draws just my 6 outs to overcards should I continue on with a high card Ace or should i just fold if I miss the flop and there are only 4.5 BB in the pot. Whats the best approach when playing these SLAA's in a heads up situation?

W. Deranged
10-24-2005, 09:07 PM
I think this question is way too vague. Post an example. A few principles to follow:

1. Don't try to get players to fold who don't like folding.

2. Don't automatically give up on A high hands that have a lot of showdown value.

10-24-2005, 10:03 PM
Well I would post a specific hand but lately there have been several examples. The main question I have what is the best approach heads up against a SLAA player where the SLAA raises in MP or LP when you are in LP(with a decent starting hand) or blinds (with a decent hand). You then call preflop. Then the flop comes and u miss, with the exception of backdoor draws and your overcards with at most one high card on the board. He is going to bet almost regardless of what you do. What is the best way to play this situation? The options I have come up with are this.

1. Fold, you missed the flop not a big pot, u are out your blind plus one bet.

2. Check and call down all the way. Only if you have a pair down or a solid ace. If 2 cards to broadway come or all you have is a K high u can fold.

3. Check and call flop bet, if you miss on turn then fold. Costs u an extra bet but its the small one and if you hit you should get paid.

4. If you have a decent hand preflop go ahead and reraise preflop to gain control of the hand then bet out until you get reraised if you do not hit.

These are really the only three options I see when the flop comes and you do not hit or u are holding a medium pair. You can't bet into these guys without holding something they will either playback at you or call you down. Whats my play here?