PDA

View Full Version : Worth a fold?

slavic
06-07-2003, 09:08 PM
Maybe in this hand?

Online 2/4 loose to propper more loose, but somewhat aggresive.

J /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif - 2 in front of the button.

You see I never get AA it's always JJ, no KK, QQ, just JJ. So this hande always makes me uneasy.

utg limps
EP1 - limps
EP2 - limps
folds to me I raise
folds to the blinds
SB calls
BB calls
UTG calls
ep1 calls
ep2 calls

6 see the flop for 6 BB : T /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

Checks to the better in front of me EP2 bets
I though about slowplaying looked at the board again and thought I want everyone out now if possible. I Raise.

SB folds, BB calls 2, UTG folds, EP1 calls 2, EP2 completes.

4 to the Turn (10BB) Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

BB checks, EP1 bets, Ep2 calls, I call, BB folds

River: K /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

EP1 bets, EP2 calls, I think about it and then fold

haakee
06-07-2003, 09:15 PM
Tough fold, but I think you're probably beat.

Why didn't you raise on the turn? That would give you a better idea where you stand.

elysium
06-07-2003, 09:49 PM
hi slavic
your call closes the action and you cant get raised so call.

Bob T.
06-08-2003, 03:32 PM
I think I would have raised the turn. If he made a straight, he is more likely to try and checkraise, so this feels more like two pair to me.

I would have called the last bet, although I will lose a lot of the time.

ZManODS
06-08-2003, 03:51 PM
It sucks but you have to fold on the river, you're almost 100% going to see some sort of straight.

The only thing i would have done different would have been to raise the turn to charge drawing hands and then come out firing on the river if a scare card didnt fall.

slavic
06-08-2003, 04:40 PM
Yes Bob T I've heard you say it, Ray Zee wrote it and S&M make mention of it in loose games. For some reason when a female passive bets into me on the Turn I clam up.

I should have raised the turn and darn sure should have called.

slavic
06-08-2003, 04:43 PM
EP1 Turns over KQo
Ep2 shows Kxs

Hmm folded away largest pot of the night. That was a session breaker for me.

bernie
06-08-2003, 06:17 PM
"Checks to the better in front of me EP2 bets
I though about slowplaying looked at the board again and thought I want everyone out now if possible. I Raise"

althought i agree with your raise, i dont agree with your reasoning. who do you want out that is going to get out? no one with a decent draw. youre betting for value here. also jamming it for a redraw if you need it. youre not protecting anything here.

a turn raise is worth considering here. depending on the bettors turn bet standards with that board. but lets say he may be betting 2 pair. id like to raise here to knock out someone if theyre chasing an A drawing to a gutshot. or at least punish them for calling it. im actually hoping theyll call too.

i think its a reasonable fold on the river. youre most likely beat.

b

Ed Miller
06-09-2003, 04:30 AM
Your failure to raise the turn was egregious. Even if by some miracle this chucklehead has a straight, you still have ten outs to beat him...