PDA

View Full Version : Your brush with a nationwide news story.

27offsuit
10-24-2005, 08:55 PM
I have two from college in Boston.

1: I was sleeping 50 yards away in my dorm when two 'cops' broke into the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum and stole a number of priceless works of art that have yet to be found to this day. It was St. Patty's Day eve so I was surely passed out.

2: I was driving with a friend on St. Alphonsus Street in Roxbury one night (semi-bad area I lived in off-campus. As we're driving, I look out the passenger window of my buddy's Bronco and this guy in a car parked on the side of the road next to the projects turns his head and looks at me with this look on his face like I had never seen before. It was a look of fear, pain, and utter panic. It was the only car parked on the side and the street was empty. We get about ten feet past his car and I say "Stu, pull over for a second. Somethings up." As he's pulling over, an ambulance comes screeching around the corner, followed by cop cars everywhere. We hop out and the ambulance guys begin dragging this 'fat' lady out of the passenger seat and giving her CPR. We hang for a few minutes as the projects empty out onto the street to see what's going on. As we're leaving, I say something to the effect of it must've been a drug deal gone bad by the looks of it.
We go home and see the next morning that it was that fu*k Charles Stuart and his wife that were in the car. What happened was, he shot his wife in the head after leaving a LaMas class at Brigham & Womens Hospital, then he shot himself in the leg (or side)at which time his sleazebag brother drives up and he tosses him the gun. He then calls 911 and says "I don't know where I am, we've been shot, etc" and ambulances start driving around looking for him. We must've come up on him within 60 seconds of his brother driving away. After realizing the 'fat' lady was really 9 months pregnant, it really sucked. He did it for the insurance money and jumped off the Tobin Bridge a few days later as his story unraveled.