PDA

View Full Version : How Many OOTers have been Arrested

10-24-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm just curious to know How many of you have been cuffed and hauled away. As for me, just once when I was 19.

tom441lbk
10-24-2005, 08:50 PM
I've almost been arrested, take that beetches, but seriously cops ain't got nothing on me..

Although I should be in FPMITA prison for some of the unmentionable things i have done in the past.

groo
10-24-2005, 09:29 PM
I lost count of how many times I've been arrested. I used to work for an environmental group and did a lot of civil disobedience. Never was convicted of anything though. It's nice to have good lawyers volunteering to help you out, lol.

DarkForceRising
10-24-2005, 09:33 PM
Once (assault with a dead weapon).

Yeti
10-24-2005, 09:34 PM
Nah, they can't catch me.

TheMainEvent
dwi

PocketJokers72
Hauled off once. In middle school. They came and got me AT THE SCHOOL! Walked me out in handcuffs.

That does WONDERS for ones 'rep' I must say.

Charges were dropped due to lack of evidence.

Ogre
10-24-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hauled off once. In middle school. They came and got me AT THE SCHOOL! Walked me out in handcuffs.

did you do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt Williams
10-24-2005, 11:15 PM
The first time I was arrested, I was 9. Three of my friends and I were walking along railroad tracks behind my house. We came along a highway that had an apple tree next to it. We all grabbed apples and started throwing them at the cars driving under. We did this for 2 hours before the cops finally showed up. All of us ran and were caught. I was charged with evading the police as well as assualt with a weapon, ect. The thing that always pissed me off and it still does to this day, the cops said we were throwing rocks at the cars. It was APPPLES dammit! The 2nd time I was about 11. I stole a nerf ball out of a convience store to give to a chick I liked. I stuffed it down my pants and tried to walk out the store but it didn't work. After that, my older brother told me to grow up and I never got in trouble again. Well, caught by the cops anyway.

PocketJokers72
10-24-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

did you do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

of course i did

Voltron87
10-24-2005, 11:23 PM
one time in 3rd grade, i was at barnes and noble looking at pokemon magazines. it turns out that there was a free pokemon card which came with the magazine. one of them had gotten out of the plastic cover, so i picked it up and took it. i did nothing wrong, someone else had unwrapped it and the card was right there. when i was walking out with my dad some huge guy came and did the "excuse me, show me whats in your jacket" BS. so the bring me to this room in barnes and noble, and two people give me crap for doing it. they dont listen to my "but it was right there" explanation. they guy says he watched me unwrap the magazine from the mezzanine (WTF?!?! who lies about this? im a 6 year old kid for christsakes). I had to sign this thing saying I would never enter barnes and noble until I was 18. They guard even said "I'll remember your face, so don't do it." It was the first of my many leopold stotch moments when i went back in 2 weeks and read all the dilbert comics in a soft chair.

Phoenix1010
10-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Not yet. If I can get out of this town without getting into one brawl because of some drunk [censored] I stand a good chance of never going to jail. I've been lucky so far but Halloween will be the real test. I'll be sure to use OOT's beer to the face/fist to the nuts fighting style so I can clear out before 5-0 arrives.

10-25-2005, 12:25 AM
Arson. Who knew dry grass was flammable?

MyTurn2Raise
10-25-2005, 12:36 AM
yeah, but how many have been to prison?

jason_t
10-25-2005, 12:38 AM
I have been to jail.

I studied in Budapest for a semester a few years ago. My first week in the city I hardly knew the language and I was at the supermarket paying. The cashier tried to tell me something and I had no idea what she was saying but it appeared that she would not accept the cash I was trying to pay with yet wouldn't return it to me. I offered her my Visa card but she wouldn't accept it. I decided to just walk out the door leaving behind the cash. Security for the supermarket stopped me and I realized that she was accusing me of something, probably shoplifting. Security took me to an office in the supermarket and the Hungarian police came and took me to a station, processed some paperwork, fingerprint me, took my photo and put me in a cell. I had no idea what was going on and I was scared. I was in a solitary cell. Eventually an interpreter arrived and I was informed that the money I tried to pay with was counterfeit. I requested that the American embassy be contacted and a few hours later someone from the embassy arrived. In the precense of the embassy official, I was questioned on every aspect of my whereabouts and doings since arriving in Hungary. The embassy official instructed me to just answer the questions and after a few more hours I was finally released.

10-25-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
one time in 3rd grade, i was at barnes and noble looking at pokemon magazines. it turns out that there was a free pokemon card which came with the magazine. one of them had gotten out of the plastic cover, so i picked it up and took it. i did nothing wrong, someone else had unwrapped it and the card was right there. when i was walking out with my dad some huge guy came and did the "excuse me, show me whats in your jacket" BS. so the bring me to this room in barnes and noble, and two people give me crap for doing it. they dont listen to my "but it was right there" explanation. they guy says he watched me unwrap the magazine from the mezzanine (WTF?!?! who lies about this? im a 6 year old kid for christsakes). I had to sign this thing saying I would never enter barnes and noble until I was 18. They guard even said "I'll remember your face, so don't do it." It was the first of my many leopold stotch moments when i went back in 2 weeks and read all the dilbert comics in a soft chair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were 6 years old in 3rd grade? Skip a couple grades? That guy was probably trying to make "an example" out of someone, ridiculous.

Arnfinn Madsen
10-25-2005, 12:47 AM
Just arrested once, in Russia, but released again without being put into jail or anything. I think it was just meant as a show of force to keep my in line (which is not easy /images/graemlins/tongue.gif).

CORed
10-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Once: Failure to appear on an expired emissions sticker citation.
I think this is probably the most trivial offense for which you can actually be jailed in my state.

Roland19
10-25-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

May I ask what you did? This sounds interesting.

10-25-2005, 12:49 AM
i got screwed last spring. In ohio the legal BAC for driving is .08....I blew a .085 and was arrested. I did not know till afterward that the roadside test they give may contain alcohol from someone who previously took teh test and therefor is inaccurate

Voltron87
10-25-2005, 12:50 AM
yes, i did skip a couple grades.

but seriously, what kind of person would make up a story about a little kid to frame them for stealing a pokemon card that came free with a magazine? wtf?

10-25-2005, 12:51 AM
3 for me. I was only guilty twice. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

10-25-2005, 12:55 AM
DUI. I was under the legal limit, but the zero tolerance law had just gone into effect in New York, meaning if you were under 21 and registered any BAC, the cuffs were slapped on. Worst thing was, it happened on my mother's birthday...

-Skeme-
10-25-2005, 12:59 AM
I've been detained and released a couple times.. arrested twice, I think. Once for graffiti, another for something else. I've been to juvy once, for like 4 days.

Isura
10-25-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have been to jail.

I studied in Budapest for a semester a few years ago. My first week in the city I hardly knew the language and I was at the supermarket paying. The cashier tried to tell me something and I had no idea what she was saying but it appeared that she would not accept the cash I was trying to pay with yet wouldn't return it to me. I offered her my Visa card but she wouldn't accept it. I decided to just walk out the door leaving behind the cash. Security for the supermarket stopped me and I realized that she was accusing me of something, probably shoplifting. Security took me to an office in the supermarket and the Hungarian police came and took me to a station, processed some paperwork, fingerprint me, took my photo and put me in a cell. I had no idea what was going on and I was scared. I was in a solitary cell. Eventually an interpreter arrived and I was informed that the money I tried to pay with was counterfeit. I requested that the American embassy be contacted and a few hours later someone from the embassy arrived. In the precense of the embassy official, I was questioned on every aspect of my whereabouts and doings since arriving in Hungary. The embassy official instructed me to just answer the questions and after a few more hours I was finally released.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crazy story. Were you doing that semesters in math program?

sublime
10-25-2005, 01:05 AM
somehow you just got cooler in my book /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jason_t
10-25-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Crazy story. Were you doing that semesters in math program?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

jason_t
10-25-2005, 01:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think that'd be possible.

10-25-2005, 01:18 AM
The thing is the time I wasn't guilty cost me 2 days in jail and about $5000.

When I was guilty it was much much cheaper and less trouble.

What are 5000 dead lawyers? A nice start. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

sublime
10-25-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think that'd be possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have very low admission standards!~

jaydub
10-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Once. Possession with intent. No conviction.

pokerdirty
10-25-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, i did skip a couple grades.

but seriously, what kind of person would make up a story about a little kid to frame them for stealing a pokemon card that came free with a magazine? wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the bigger question is, why is a six year old reading dilbert? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

krimson
10-25-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NM, someone beat me to it!

philnewall
10-25-2005, 12:47 PM
I got beaten up by a 12 year old black kid and his two buddies with some fishing poles they had. Saw a police car, jumped in and showed them to the juvenile delinquents. The kid then accussd me of touching him up, I was arrested and spent the next 12 hours at the station, mostly in a cell but got interviewed for about 1/2 hour. Then at 4 o clock in the morning the pigs charge me and chuck me out.

I'm still on bail, court tomorrow. What fun.

trying2learn
10-25-2005, 12:52 PM
once...traffic citations went unpaid and into warrant. i knew the first time i got pulled over i was going in for a bit. so i get pulled over and i'm laughing (the officer didn't think it was funny).

have a friend in metro, so i called him from inside and he sped up my process. still did about 12 hours in the drunk tank, and it was f'n miserable. i will pay my tickets in a timely fashion from here on out.

10-25-2005, 12:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got beaten up by a 12 year old black kid and his two buddies with some fishing poles they had. Saw a police car, jumped in and showed them to the juvenile delinquents. The kid then accussd me of touching him up, I was arrested and spent the next 12 hours at the station, mostly in a cell but got interviewed for about 1/2 hour. Then at 4 o clock in the morning the pigs charge me and chuck me out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got beaten up by 12 year olds? How old are you? Why were you bothering these young men when they were fishing? Seriously, that situation sucks--especially if CPS gets involved.

B Dids
10-25-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How old are you that a 12 year old kick beat you up? WTF.

Hamish McBagpipe
10-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Drunk and disorderly bookings. Assault. Both thrown out but had to spend a day in jail because my dipshit lawyer didn't show up for the hearing. I'm sitting there in a suit with all the crackheads and drunks.

I also have a record for picket line violence. I got charged as a union official even though I wasn't on the line when some of our members smacked a scab on the head with a sign and keyed his car.

Salerosa
10-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Twice, both MIPs, second one included felony use of a fake ID and resisting arrest, but they were both dropped to misdemeanors. Friggin cop snatches my wallet out of my hand when I ask to know my rights and whether or not I lawfully have to turn it over to him, then some other bitch ass cop tackles me from behind, cuffs me, and sticks a knee in my back. They were not too willing to be nice to me after the 5 minute tirade of cursing and telling them to F off that followed. Luckily one of the guys I was with knew a cop, so I only did about two hours in jail.

arod15
10-25-2005, 01:41 PM
2 times sucks.... But they are funny now that i think about it....

mslif
10-25-2005, 01:55 PM
Detained once, but it was a misunderstanding. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

asofel
10-25-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

story?

mslif
10-25-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

story?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a game of truth or dare between drunk teenagers... My dare was to walk down this street where all the prostitutes were. Cops showed up and arrested me thinking I was a prostitute. I explained to them that it was a game and my friends were there to confirm my story. They called my parents because I was a minor. My mother gave me the beating of a lifetime and I was grounded for 6 months. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Toro
10-25-2005, 03:37 PM
Only once. Cop at a night club line was giving me a hard time about the way I parked my car and I called him an assshole. Apparently that's a no no.

TheCroShow
10-25-2005, 04:14 PM
arrested yes, charged? no

Exitonly
10-25-2005, 04:36 PM
tacher accused me of plagerism, and failed me for the class.
Ironically it was the only assignment i had done all year, for anyn class.

I was pissed, threw a snapple bottle against the wall as i walked, out, apparently there was a cop behind me.

balh blah blah disorderly conduct blah blah $300.

asofel
10-25-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

story?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a game of truth or dare between drunk teenagers... My dare was to walk down this street where all the prostitutes were. Cops showed up and arrested me thinking I was a prostitute. I explained to them that it was a game and my friends were there to confirm my story. They called my parents because I was a minor. My mother gave me the beating of a lifetime and I was grounded for 6 months. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

damn...i was actually going to make a joke about fake-attempted prostitution, but thought it might be out of place...good to see i was right on /images/graemlins/smile.gif

a beating though? damn....6 months grounding? sheeeit....sorry to hear that...

mslif
10-25-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

story?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damn...i was actually going to make a joke about fake-attempted prostitution, but thought it might be out of place...good to see i was right on /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It was extremely embarrassing for my mom because I come from a little town and everybody found out what I had done.
I was a good kid overall but my mom did not joke around. She taught me that every action has consequences at an early age. She is one tough lady.

asofel
10-25-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

story?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was extremely embarrassing for my mom because I come from a little town and everybody found out what I had done.
I was a good kid overall but my mom did not joke around. She taught me that every action has consequences at an early age. She is one tough lady.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, sounds like it....well, did you at least make a little cash before the bust? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

mslif
10-25-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

yeah, sounds like it....well, did you at least make a little cash before the bust? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell no /images/graemlins/mad.gif

asofel
10-25-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha...well, hopefully your friends appreciated your spirit and made your night out once released worth it...

mslif
10-25-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha...well, hopefully your friends appreciated your spirit and made your night out once released worth it...

[/ QUOTE ]

No /images/graemlins/frown.gif I was sent to convent for 2 years

diebitter
10-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Was it just like the sound of music?

mslif
10-25-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was it just like the sound of music?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

diebitter
10-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Oh...okay... I can tell that the nun jokes I had lined up are better unsaid...

asofel
10-25-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No /images/graemlins/frown.gif I was sent to convent for 2 years

[/ QUOTE ]

damn...ok...well, um...I give up, that just sucks...

Chap_Stick
10-26-2005, 01:12 AM
can't say i have had this experience yet

KDawgCometh
10-26-2005, 01:22 AM
twice, first time was when I was 19 and got charged with possesion and paraphenalia(though they came to my place on the suspicion of me dealing). The second time was actually last year( I think its like 369 days to be exact now) and was charged with possesion with intent on various drugs and paraphenalia.

I got off with a traffic ticket the first time and basically got off this time( I recieved PTI which means that as long as I pass all of my DT's, do some counsling, and always report to my PO that I'll have a clean record by the summer /images/graemlins/cool.gif)

CORed
10-26-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The thing is the time I wasn't guilty cost me 2 days in jail and about $5000.

When I was guilty it was much much cheaper and less trouble.

What are 5000 dead lawyers? A nice start. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you hear about the terrorists who hijacked a plane full of lawyers?

The threatened to release one every hour unless their demands were met.

tonypaladino
10-26-2005, 03:41 AM
I was "detained" by the police after fistfight in high school. The best part was that the cops who responded to the fight, werethe same ones who drove me around to ID the kid that mugged me a week before.

I also came close last Halloween, when I was fenced in a crowd for a parade, and I barred through a police barracade to get out. The cop grabbed me but I took off into the crowd.

MyTurn2Raise
10-26-2005, 03:48 AM
manufacturing, possessing, and intent to deliver warrant served on my 20th birthday.

charged with less
plead to less, but still enough
Ever seen that show Prison Break--I fondly remember some of those places

ChipWrecked
10-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Advice for being left alone in the drunk tank: lay on the floor, mutter to yourself, twitch and scratch constantly.

I have seen this work quite successfully. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Vavavoom
10-26-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Never been arrested

[/ QUOTE ]

Golden Child...

benza13
10-26-2005, 12:20 PM
3 times
1. Minor in Possession at 18, get busted trying to drive out to a party spot in the woods by the cops waiting for us. The neighbors saw some of my friends going out earlier to gather up wood and stuff during the day and alerted the cops so they were just sitting there waiting for us.

2. Open container/minor in possesion. Later that year I was up at college at our big Spring Fling weekend (which has since been barred due to high arrest levels) and I was walking down the street drinking openly, oops.

3. DUI at 19. I finally smartened up after this one. No more drunk driving and a little bit more careful about breaking the law.

philnewall
10-26-2005, 06:22 PM
18. 3 of them, 1 of me. They wouldn't have if it wasnt for the metre long metal fishing poles they repeatedly smacked me round the head with.

Dr. Strangelove
10-26-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first time I was arrested, I was 9. Three of my friends and I were walking along railroad tracks behind my house. We came along a highway that had an apple tree next to it. We all grabbed apples and started throwing them at the cars driving under. We did this for 2 hours before the cops finally showed up. All of us ran and were caught. I was charged with evading the police as well as assualt with a weapon, ect. The thing that always pissed me off and it still does to this day, the cops said we were throwing rocks at the cars. It was APPPLES dammit! The 2nd time I was about 11. I stole a nerf ball out of a convience store to give to a chick I liked. I stuffed it down my pants and tried to walk out the store but it didn't work. After that, my older brother told me to grow up and I never got in trouble again. Well, caught by the cops anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I would stand by the highway and throw rocks at cars when I was 6. Man did I get it when my parents found out.

bustedchucks
10-26-2005, 09:49 PM
im one of the 4+ degenerates
nothing major, im a pretty harmless guy, just bad luck with the man.
back during giuliani's(sp?) good health law bs i got picked up for hopping a turnstyle in the subway. i was sloppy drunk, coming from a party and mistook a coin for a token. i kept putting it in and it kept (well, like 2 or 3 times)rejecting it so i was like [censored] this and hopped over and start walking to the platform, and they grabbed me up.
they complimented me, said i jumped over it like a gazzelle, said i had the best form they'd seen all night. i was like whatever, gimme my ticket and the cops say no ticket, youre getting arrested. turns out they were doing a sting and picked up 6 of us in a half hour. they made us stand on the platform in handcuffs as an example for the other passengers what happens when you dont pay.
people were pointing and laughing at us.
pretty embarrassing.
i was asking the one cop who was reasonable if he didnt think this was a waste of his time, what with there being actual criminals out for him to catch. he said it was but this is what they told him to do tonight so there he was. said the theory on it is people who commint big crimes commit small crimes too and often when they did these stings they'd get guys with warrents out.
of the six of us they arrested zero of us had warrants.
there was this guy and his girlfriend who had put in the token and went through together, they were tryna argue that they should only get in half as much trouble..no dice.
so anyway they pile us into a paddy (patty?) wagon brings downtown- actually crosstown- throuw us in a holding cell and keep us there for hours while they're proccessing and release me with a court date.

heres the kicker, i go to court and when they call my name to go before the judge i go up and they have this little plastic chain link fence thing and i was having trouble with the latch and didnt want to stand there fumbling with it looking like a tool, so i just stepped over it. it was only like knee high, cake. when i get over it the judge gives me this look like, are you [censored] kidding me?!? he yells at me "isnt that what your here for?"

he made me open it, go out, close it, open it, come back, and close it.
they all laughed at me.
pretty embarassing.

epilogue: 8 hrs. sweeping up the subway.

Greg J
10-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Nice story. Makes my singular shoplifting arrest when I was 18 pretty lame by comparison.

Oh, and it's "Patty Wagon." Irish get together and get drunk and fight and get arrested. Of course, there are so many they could not use a car, they needed a wagon. Hence, Patty Wagon. Not very PC though (like I care).

LethalRose
10-27-2005, 03:18 AM
I've never been arrested but I"ve been in several situations where I should of. I guess being white and appearing generally harmless has its advantages.

ChipWrecked
10-27-2005, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice story. Makes my singular shoplifting arrest when I was 18 pretty lame by comparison.

Oh, and it's "Patty Wagon." Irish get together and get drunk and fight and get arrested. Of course, there are so many they could not use a car, they needed a wagon. Hence, Patty Wagon. Not very PC though (like I care).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, thanks for playing. It is 'Paddy Wagon'. For the Irish origin you mention, so I'm a little surprised you got it wrong.