PDA

View Full Version : ($22) baby flush out of bb.. how is my line?

bjb23
10-24-2005, 08:44 PM
no reads on villian as it is still early. i have trouble here because i dont want to inflate the pot with a weakish/vulnerable hand. any comments?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t775)
SB (t2440)
Hero (t1355)
UTG (t850)
UTG+1 (t735)
MP1 (t775)
MP2 (t625)
CO (t445)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t15, UTG+1 calls t15, MP1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t72.50) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t65</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t65, MP1 calls t65, SB folds.

Turn: (t292.50) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls t100.

River: (t492.50) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t250</font>, Hero calls t250.

Final Pot: t992.50

10-24-2005, 08:48 PM
I raise a bit more on the flop. Bet more on the turn and bet the river unless you want to induce a bluff.

pineapple888
10-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Wow, that's a weak-ass flush.

You have to take it down immediately or get out.

You might be beat already, and if a fourth club falls, you are history.

Raise to 135 on the flop, fold if you are re-raised. If anyone calls, check/fold the rest of the way.

10-24-2005, 08:51 PM
In a 22 I'm going broke with this hand if someone pushes the flop or turn. I will never lay it down to a flop reraise - never.

pineapple888
10-24-2005, 09:07 PM
What, you think people don't see the flush sitting there on the board?

And the donks *love* playing suited connectors and Axs in the 22s.

But your mind is made up, so whatever.

rbear
10-24-2005, 09:11 PM
the odds of flopping a flush are insane... the odds of two people flopping a flush are more insane... i think you're good at every stage here... i do bet more on the flop though, to drive out 4 to the flush draws, but don't really mind if they call, because i'm significantly ahead

Nick M
10-24-2005, 09:18 PM
you could have made it 80 on the flop raise, but it's looks good. I think the turn bet should be bigger. But I absolutely love the river play. Overall I think it's fine really.

10-24-2005, 09:21 PM
They love to overplay top pair too.

bjb23
10-24-2005, 10:47 PM
i found it odd to get two cold calls on my raise on the flop. i kept it small so i could cheaply fold any club on the turn and see if anyone else had the flush if indeed they were to reraise on the flop. if no club fell, i would come out firing and obviously didnt want a call. since villian called the turn and a non club came on the river, but also paired the board i checked- half to induce a bluff, half to get out cheaply.

i think maybe i should have bet more on the turn. idunno. thanks for the comments everyone.

DeadMoneyOC
10-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Bet more on the turn.

Melchiades
10-24-2005, 11:46 PM
I'm pretty sure folding to a push on the flop here in a 22 is a leak. It is almost always a strong hand, but seldom a made flush. A set or top pair with Ac or Kc pushes this flop way too often for you to lay down your baby flush.

JudoGirl
10-25-2005, 05:06 AM
In a shallow stack game like this, I think you just always have to assume your flush is good. If there is a higher flush, so be it. but you should be willing to get all your chips in with a flush if 3 are on the board and 2 in your hand. If 4 on the board, then folding is much more an option.

Harrington says essentially the same, I think

pineapple888
10-25-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In a shallow stack game like this, I think you just always have to assume your flush is good. If there is a higher flush, so be it. but you should be willing to get all your chips in with a flush if 3 are on the board and 2 in your hand. If 4 on the board, then folding is much more an option.

Harrington says essentially the same, I think

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah, that's the theory.

And I can't argue with it, I guess.

And I'm in the minority here, obviously.

But I still like my line in the 22s specifically, based on my experience.

I just don't think many 22 players are going to come over the top of my recommended line without the flush (and the odds against it don't matter, it's either there or it isn't.) Sure, they might call, in which case I admit there's still some poker to be played.

In the higher buy-ins, I'm more willing to go broke with this hand.

schwza
10-25-2005, 01:58 PM
raise more on the flop, as other have said. bet more on the turn.

the river is the interesting decision. i think there's too good a chance that a hand like Qx will check behind and you'll miss out on value if you check. the reason to check is to let the naked A /images/graemlins/club.gif bluff at you and to avoid going broke against a bigger flush or FH.

i'd bet 225 and if he pushes, vomit and call.

btw, a big reason you don't want to fold this hand on the flop is some people's love of semi-bluffing a-i with the A /images/graemlins/club.gif here.

10-25-2005, 05:17 PM
If someone else flops a flush wouldn't they call and go for a check raise on the turn? If I am re-raised here I push and let him draw on his A-high flush draw as that is most likely what you are up against. As said earlier the chance of a double flush flop is pretty low. In fact I may push the flop and hope an over pair or top pair puts me on a bluff. See previous post about overbetting in the 55's.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif