PDA

View Full Version : TAG makes a mistake?

Yerma
10-24-2005, 08:39 PM
I've been giving too much action recently in a lot of hands! So, that brings up a question about a hand I saw recently. I folded preflop.

My question is, shouldn't TAG have raised the flop if he intended to play? He had a player in between himself and the action player. Or is this just spewing?

TAG is a TAG.
I have these notes on the SB:
open calls hijack (Q9s); calls down AT-high h/u vs pf raiser on raggy board; multistreet bluffs into pf raisers on coordinated boards

Absolute 1-2, 8-handed (no converter)

Hero holds K /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Preflop:
3 folds, TAG raises, CO calls, 1 fold, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="red">(4 BB)</font>
SB bets, 1 fold, Hero calls, 1 fold.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="red">(5 BB)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls.

River: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="red">(7 BB)</font>
SB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: <font color="red">(9 BB)</font>
SB has K /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif (pair of Jacks, King-high)
Hero has K /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 pairs, Jacks and Tens)

ZenMusician
10-24-2005, 09:18 PM
Why does "TAG" disappear after the flop
and "Hero" suddenly appears? You may want to
fix this post to maybe get a response.

-ZEN

Yerma
10-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Well, I can't find a converter that works for Absolute, so I tried by hand and errors creep in. TAG is the Hero, but that should have been fairly clear anyhow?

Also, the maximum edit time has expired /images/graemlins/frown.gif

detruncate
10-24-2005, 09:39 PM
I agree that raising is better than calling since there's a player left to act.

I like Hero's line HU.

10-24-2005, 09:39 PM
No more results!

bozlax
10-24-2005, 09:40 PM
He's drawing to a gutshot and an overcard. Why would he want to force players out? He probably wishes that CO had stayed in (I know I would).

bozlax
10-24-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I like Hero's line HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Since HeroTag's best bet to win is the gutshot draw, I would probably want CO to stay in, not fold to 2.

10-24-2005, 09:43 PM
I doubt CO would call even 1 sb on this flop with a hand like AQ, when there are two callers. The pot isn't too big and he'd be scared of trips or a big pair from hero. Hero only calls to see if CO raises or limps, in which case he's probably done with the hand. Otherwise he can call mainiac down.

Yerma
10-24-2005, 09:43 PM
I dunno,

If CO has something like 66 or AT and calls and it just gets checked through after the flop and noone improves...

10-24-2005, 09:45 PM
TAG cold calls with AT or 66?

Yerma
10-24-2005, 09:46 PM
TAG = Hero and was preflop raiser...sorry!!

detruncate
10-24-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I like Hero's line HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Since HeroTag's best bet to win is the gutshot draw, I would probably want CO to stay in, not fold to 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that Hero's best bet? We might well have a better hand than Villain, and we're happy when the third guy folds when we do, especially if he's got a better hand. We also usually have plenty of outs vs Villain, so we're not that concerned about seeing the turn cheaply when we're behind.

As our chances of being behind on the flop increase, the call becomes a better option... but given the read provided I'm not ready to concede that just yet.