PDA

View Full Version : quick pf question

DavidC
10-24-2005, 08:03 PM
I have 98o in the SB. It happens to be a 6m game, but does not necessarily have to be (although this DOES make a slight difference).

It's folded to the button, who's LPP. The button limps. The BB is really passive pf (5% pfr or less). Can I call?

Also, FYI, the slight difference is that the deck is more potent in the remaining players (in this case, the BB) when people fold to him in a full ring game than when they fold to him in a SH game.

--Dave.

gharp
10-24-2005, 08:06 PM
I would.

milesdyson
10-24-2005, 08:07 PM
i call. don't call if you're going to want to check fold any flop that doesn't pair you up - there are many other flops to bet.

shant
10-24-2005, 08:51 PM
I'd complete in a full game, but I'd be wary of giving a lot of action with a top pair hand as this could be a trap type play with AA or KK.

Yerma
10-24-2005, 10:00 PM
I defy you that the deck is more "potent" in the full ring game.

I call shorthanded because the button will open-call more liberally in shorthanded games. But this is a fold full ring for me.

numeri
10-24-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I defy you that the deck is more "potent" in the full ring game.

[/ QUOTE ]
People like to play Ax and Kx. If they fold, it means there is a chance they didn't have one, and hence a better chance that BB does than if his hand was just random. The more people that fold, the more potent BB's hand could be. (Mind you, we're talking about percentage points, but that makes a difference.)

To Dave: I call here, but I need to know more places to bet as Miles has mentioned. I know I should call, but then I'm not always sure how to proceed.