PDA

View Full Version : Seat Selection

BoxTree
10-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Rank these situations in order of preference.

In all situations, the game is 9-handed and live. Eh...let's be more specific: 9-handed at Commerce 20/40.

Situation 1: There is one fish at the table. He is on your immediate right. Everyone else is between mediocre and solid.

Sitaution 2: There are two fish at the table. They are both exactly across the table from you (e.g. You're in Seat 5, they're in Seats 1 and 9).

Situation 3: There are two fish at the table. Both are on your immediate LEFT.

BoxTree
10-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Wow, these results are very interesting. So far, 11 voters agree that 2 is NOT the worst scenario. But that's the only thing we agree on.

Eh...I'd really like to hear from the guy who thinks that scenario 3 is the best option.

newhizzle
10-24-2005, 10:03 PM
i voted 1, 2, 3

i think having the fish to my right is the best, as we will play more hands together and with immediate position on him, i can usually extract the most value from him

number 2 is ok, at least they are at the table

i do not like number 3 as much, i think this will interfere with my blind steal attempts, i prefer to have tighter players to my left

BoxTree
10-24-2005, 10:15 PM
I also voted 1,2,3.

Blind-stealing doesn't matter that much to me since it rarely happens at Commerce, but online, I'm sure it'd be worth considering.

jetsonsdogcanfly
10-25-2005, 12:04 AM
this really depends on what kind of fishy you mean. But I chose 1,2,3, because I'd prefer a fishy game over which I have great control to a fishier game with much less control. Still, it's pretty close.

Justin A
10-25-2005, 12:18 AM
It's impossible to choose correctly without knowing what type of fish they are.

GuyOnTilt
10-25-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct. Also, I'm pretty sure the table described does not exist at the Commerce 20.

GoT

mike l.
10-25-2005, 01:13 AM
i chose 231, i see what youre getting at but there is no such thing as isolation in that game man havent you seen that by now. almost no one stays out of almost no one elses way. if you got A7s and you try to raise the fish on your right they other players are coming with KJ no matter what dude, it's a hopeless cause. it doesnt mean dont raise, but dont be thinking that having them on your right makes all much of a difference. having two fish in the game is better than one. period. and having them across the table from you rather than to your left is way better.

J.A.Sucker
10-25-2005, 01:23 AM
I was one of them. Usually bad players at 20-40 think that every A is a good hand, as is any two paint. They will call any number of bets, never fold if they think they have any chance of winning, and they tend to not bluff. Since I'm such a nit, especially with the rake in the Commerce game, I think that's the best spot. In any event, there's usually no shortage of good seats or action in these games as I remember.

Edit: Come to think of it, Zee always likes me on his left when we play together. /images/graemlins/confused.gif At least he buys me beer and ice cream. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BoxTree
10-25-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure the table described does not exist at the Commerce 20.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to include a similar line in the OP (e.g. "This is clearly hypothetical as you'd never have fewer than three fish of some variety at a Commerce 20/40"), but I didn't want to discourage discussion regarding non-Commerce games.

I guess that's why I made this poll specific to Commerce 20/40 as an afterthought.

BoxTree
10-25-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One fin, a few hundred scales, and a slimy protective coating. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just think of typical Commerce fish. You know the type. Mike L. described them. Yes, there are gradations within this type and there's a huge difference between the rockish middle-aged Asian woman and the loose/passive if-I-raise-you-on-the-turn-I-can-beat-TPTK albacore, but I don't think this question is without merit.