PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury 15/30 hand

Brunger
10-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Sunday morning game was playing relatively tight and aggressive. I had been there for only a few orbits. I am just visiting and knew none of the players but probably had a tight image. The only reads I had so far were that the guy to my immediate left was pretty fishy and the big blind got a little out the line with a draw in my only other pot so far and he plays to many hands.

The hand. Utg limps and I look to my left and see the guy to my left ready to call and I overlimp in Mp1 with 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif Mp2 limps and the cuttoff limps then the big blind checks.

Flop: 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (5.5 sbs)
bb bets, utg folds, hero raises, mp folds, cutoff calls, bb calls

Turn: 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif (6bbs)
bb checks, hero bets, cuttoff raises, bb agonizes for a minute and calls,hero 3-bets(?), cuttoff calls, bb calls

River:5 /images/graemlins/club.gif (14bbs)
bb checks, hero bets, cuttoff raises,bb folds, hero calls

My real question is the turn 3-bet. I figured that the board was very draw heavy so there were lots of hands he could be pushing besides JT or a set and then the bb called so I figured worst case senario I had a 13 outer if behind and quite possibly the best hand and the best draw. Also wondering if anybody 3-bets the river. I know that some won't like pre-flop but it felt like a good situation for it.

W. Deranged
10-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Not three-betting here with top two, four outs to a lock or near-lock boat, and 9 outs to a flush, would be too tight-weak in my opinion. I'm not willing to put CO automatically on a straight or set just yet, though JT is certainly a possibility. We almost have a three-handed equity edge anyway if our flush draw is live.

Sure, some of the time we'll be up against a straight. Some of the time our flush outs won't be good. But, much more often, we'll have either the best hand or a ton of live outs. And so three-betting is better. Call down after a cap.