PDA

View Full Version : AA on a dry board

jjacky
10-24-2005, 07:11 PM
a friend of mine sent me the following hand.

villain is 30/10/2 and 30$ went to SD over 100 hands. no further reads.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($60.20)
MP ($50)
CO ($52.05)
Button ($38.15)
SB ($57.35)
BB ($40.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, MP calls $1.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.25, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($6) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, MP calls $5, SB calls $5, BB folds.

Turn: ($21) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, MP calls $15, SB folds.

River: ($51) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ??? (effective stacks of 28.50 left)

comments regarding the turn are appreciated too.

Hattifnatt
10-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Sure looks like villian can have a 5. I think I check and call here to induce a bluff from a missed flushdraw.

If he's got trips - so be it. I pay him off.

stu-unger
10-24-2005, 07:15 PM
i like a push here. the reason being the pot is going to lay u like 3 to 1 if u check and he pushes and he hasnt given me any reason to think my hand is no good. and if he does have a made hand he is going to check behind and we are going to lose value. if i had a read i may play it different.

ps raise more pf...

10-24-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sure looks like villian can have a 5. I think I check and call here to induce a bluff from a missed flushdraw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very unlikely he'd have a busted flush draw considering it was a runner runner and he was heavily raised. This is a check-call to me, he's slow playing the trips or he holds a T (maybe two?).

jjacky
10-24-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very unlikely he'd have a busted flush draw considering it was a runner runner and he was heavily raised. This is a check-call to me, he's slow playing the trips or he holds a T (maybe two?).

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you want to check/call if you put him on this range? do you think he is more likely to push with a pair of Ts than calling a push with it?

Bukem_
10-24-2005, 07:28 PM
Gonna lose almost all of the time you check call this river, and you are missing value from marginal hands that are committed at this point.

Hattifnatt
10-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Ok - missed it was a runnerrunner, will read the posts more carefully. But I think a c/c is best anyway.

10-24-2005, 07:39 PM
I would bet 10$ and call a push. (most likely losing if that happens). I think your hand is good here and at best villan has JJ,QQ,

Malachii
10-24-2005, 07:42 PM
I don't see much harm in checking the turn, although against two opponents that's generally a risky proposition. Honestly if it's me I'm betting $15 and folding to a raise, but people on this forum don't like to fold getting a good price on their money even when it's obvious they're beaten. If you're not going to fold to a raise then you might as well just bet however much you think he'll call with a T.

10-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Slow playing trips and T's is the worst case scenario i should have said. The $15 could have been called because he held the K but still feared the 5's.

Check-called was my first reaction but thinking about it more I think a pair of K's is the most likely hand. $10 -15 bet and call a push is what i NOW would do.

Malachii
10-24-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Gonna lose almost all of the time you check call this river, and you are missing value from marginal hands that are committed at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's right. Betting is the play here... any T checks behind, and any 5 bets.

jjacky
10-24-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Slow playing trips and T's is the worst case scenario i should have said. The $15 could have been called because he held the K but still feared the 5's.

Check-called was my first reaction but thinking about it more I think a pair of K's is the most likely hand. $10 -15 bet and call a push is what i NOW would do.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see any reason to put him on a pair of kings. can you help me out with the reasoning please?

Hattifnatt
10-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Maybe villian got a look of the card that should fell on the river before it came out?

jjacky
10-24-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe villian got a look of the card that should fell on the river before it came out?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i thought about it. but why wasn't he able to figure out that hero has him beat anyway? can he only determine the future cards on the board? questions over questions...

Hattifnatt
10-24-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i thought about it. but why wasn't he able to figure out that hero has him beat anyway? can he only determine the future cards on the board? questions over questions...

[/ QUOTE ]
He probably know that too, but setting this up to bust villiam in a huge pot later on when both get monsterhands.

(Don't take it to hard Me'Dolh, we of course know that you just did a little mistake-post, no problem)