PDA

View Full Version : Better SB Push...K2 or A2?????

Nick M
10-24-2005, 06:57 PM
I just wanted to ask everybodies opinion on what they think is a better push hand through out the limits...

Obviously A2 is a better hand than K2. But if you get called it will most likely be by a person holding an Ace or a Pair. And you have a better chance of beating A10 with K2, than A2. But then again if you have an Ace there is less of a chance the BB has one too.

The limits matter too I think. In lower limits you are more prone to being called by bad hands. So K2 might not be better than A2 because a bad player can call you with KJ or KQ.

The whole thing about the steal push is that the BB can only call you with a great hand. So it would seem like K2 is the better hand to push. I don't know this question is kinda like asking what's better...One less ace in the deck VS better chance of sucking out. It's weird...

Nick M
10-25-2005, 01:50 AM
anyone?

rbear
10-25-2005, 02:16 AM
guess it all depends on BB range

DMACM
10-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Using 66+, a7o+, KQo, KJs+, A2s+ on poker stove

I got 33% equity for A2
I got 30% equity for K2

I assume that poker stove doesnt take into account that pairs are less likely to be dealt than unpaired cards.

Jman28
10-25-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I assume that poker stove doesnt take into account that pairs are less likely to be dealt than unpaired cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe it does.

10-25-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

DMACM
10-25-2005, 02:33 AM
Thanks good to know. Why is k2 lower?

edited: straight possibilies?

Nick M
10-25-2005, 02:34 AM
thats a monster range jesus.

EDIT: i think the range is much much much smaller than that.

ilya
10-25-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take into account the reduced likelihood of your opponent having AK-A7 when you have A2 over K2, though. So A2 is even betterrer than it seems.

ZeroPointMachine
10-25-2005, 02:56 AM
It depends on the range. If the caller is on a 66+,ATs+,AJ+ range K2o is slightly better than A2o and K9o is about 3% better than A9o.

Of course, with that range your pushing any two in a SNG bubble situation. Your FE is a much bigger factor than your pot equity.

Bigwig
10-25-2005, 03:07 AM
I don't need any damn calculator. The answer is A2, and there's no question about it. Seriously.

Bigwig
10-25-2005, 03:09 AM
Uh, why are people asking why K2 isn't better? C'mon.

Here's the thing, you're comparing hands with a shared kicker. I recall a similar thread where everyone was idiotically picking JT over KJ. No. Just no. Depending on how many players are left to act, there is a good possibility that K3, for example, would be better than A2. But not when there's a shared kicker. The reason's why SHOULD BE COMPLETELY OBVIOUS TO ALL OF YOU.

tigerite
10-25-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take into account the reduced likelihood of your opponent having AK-A7 when you have A2 over K2, though. So A2 is even betterrer than it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does. SNGPT does so I have no reason to believe PokerStove does not

raptor517
10-25-2005, 05:09 AM
is this seriously even a thread? yikes. holla

tigerite
10-25-2005, 05:14 AM
I had to laugh as well, seriously there's hardly ever a situation except on the bubble where it's not mathematically correct to shove A2o from the SB. This cannot be said for K2o.

And when you're called you can always turn quads to break KK like me.

curtains
10-25-2005, 05:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to ask everybodies opinion on what they think is a better push hand through out the limits...

Obviously A2 is a better hand than K2. But if you get called it will most likely be by a person holding an Ace or a Pair. And you have a better chance of beating A10 with K2, than A2. But then again if you have an Ace there is less of a chance the BB has one too.

The limits matter too I think. In lower limits you are more prone to being called by bad hands. So K2 might not be better than A2 because a bad player can call you with KJ or KQ.

The whole thing about the steal push is that the BB can only call you with a great hand. So it would seem like K2 is the better hand to push. I don't know this question is kinda like asking what's better...One less ace in the deck VS better chance of sucking out. It's weird...

[/ QUOTE ]

A2 is much better in this spot almost always.

bennies
10-25-2005, 05:27 AM
how about Q2? I've always liked that one, maybe it's even better?? Karak seems to like J2, I have no problem with this either /images/graemlins/tongue.gif