PDA

View Full Version : 50/100 hands off my BLINDS!!!

teddyFBI
10-24-2005, 06:10 PM
UB $50 / $100
10-handed

Villain 42/16 LAG

Hero in BB w/ K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Folded to Villain who raises, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, villain calls.

Flop 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets, V calls

Turn 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero bets, V calls

River 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, V raises (!), Hero folds.

As soon as I bet riv I regretted it (was hoping to maybe fold an ace or better K.

Should I give up on river? Or given that I'm willing to expend another bet, should I check-call?

V's river raise could be a desperation bluff raise of a missed straight draw as well.

So many of the decisions in this hand I felt were borderline at best.

PF 3-bet?
Turn bet out?
Riv bet out?
Riv fold to raise?

SpaceAce
10-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Does the villain ever lay down an Ace after calling on the turn? With the river pairing the deuce like that, it seems unlikely. I think a check-call is better if you think you might be ahead because I don't see him laying down many better hands and I definitely don't see him paying off with much you beat.

SpaceAce

mmcd
10-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Bet/folding on the river is the absolute worst thing you could have done here. I think you're good at least 1/3 of the time here quite possibly much more often than that.

Check/call would have been fine here, but I think bet/call might even have a higher EV than that.

Given that this guy's a LAG and he put in no action whatsoever on the flop or turn, I think it's fairly likely he has some bullshit overcards or an 8 rather than a 3 or a 2.

teddyFBI
10-24-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet/folding on the river is the absolute worst thing you could have done here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, we agree on this.