PDA

View Full Version : hm

Kimpan
10-24-2005, 06:08 PM
raise preflop?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($28)
BB ($8.85)
UTG ($20.75)
Button ($18.25)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.50, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2.5</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

Turn: ($6.50) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $15.25</font>, Hero calls $5.25.

River: ($37) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $37

10-24-2005, 06:13 PM
4 handed? Yea, I raise this preflop

10-24-2005, 06:16 PM
I'm not a fan of raising preflop, although maybe a case can be made for it. I really have no idea what the hand range is for a button open-limp.

Leading the flop is a must, sucks when you get raised, any reads at all?

reads help soooo much in spots like these, because I think all the decisions here are close

Kimpan
10-24-2005, 06:20 PM
sorry no reads... 2 tables while doin "google earth" amazing program...

10-24-2005, 06:22 PM
I feel like such a weak-tighty here, but I consider folding to the flop raise

Or I call, and lead the turn, folding to a turn raise. Since the turn was an 8 though, I don't think I can fold to a raise.

Bukem_
10-24-2005, 06:24 PM
The 8 didn't really help your hand, unless you plan on runner runnering him.

You wouldn't cr a deuce here would you?

sourbeaver
10-24-2005, 06:24 PM
If button and BB are tightish, I'll raise, hoping to take it down now or on flop. But most times I'll flat call to avoid playing a mid-sized pot OOP against very wide ranges.

Hattifnatt
10-24-2005, 06:27 PM
In Limit it's a clear raise preflop. But here I just call. You have a good, but not great hand and is OOP.

rikz
10-24-2005, 06:30 PM
After calling the flop raise, I would lead the turn for 1/2 pot, and see where it goes from there. By the turn, you have open trips on a coordinated and paired board. 78, 85,55, 77 and 88 have a full house or better, 69 and 64 have straights, 66 has a pair and an OESD. I don't think 99, TT or higher make sense because LP villains should have raised preflop 4-handed. You beat 85 two pair, but there aren't many other hands that make sense for villain to get too committed to. Maybe K8s or Q8s for TPWK on the flop that turns into trips with a worse kicker? That's possible, but him having the 4th 8 is less likely than some of these other holdings. So, in situations like this, I lead for 1/2 pot on the turn, and then bet 1/3 pot on the river. If I'm reraised all-in then I figure the pot-odds vs how often I think villain would bluff on a board like that. In this case, your turn check-raise committed you to see this for all your chips. I think his re-raise push probably indicates your beat.

Open trips is a tricky, tricky hand in an unraised pot. When things get big, it's usually the big loser. Now, if LP had raised, and you had stuck around (I wouldn't have) for the flop, then if he is pretty tight with preflop raises, you might get him all-in on the turn with an over-pair vs your open trips. But in an unraised pot, I like to control the pot size, take steady, nice value bets on every street, and seriously consider folding to a big river push unless I know villain to be a bluffer.

EDIT: Preflop, I think I'd just complete the SB instead of raise.

sourbeaver
10-24-2005, 06:33 PM
Call me nuts (or Giorgio), but I don't mind flat calling the turn. He's shown strength on the flop and that 2nd 8 doesn't put you ahead of many hands that raised the flop (except of course all overpairs soooo eager for action preflop). If button was any deeper, I'd try and get a cheap showdown. In this case, it's likely that he'll push the river if you call turn. Anyway, you either fold turn or you go all the way with these stacks. Calling turn will let him bet hands that "just might" fold to a turn raise, seeing the two 8's.

I'm not sure on the correct line, but that seems reasonable. Hopefully someone can correct me if I'm mistaken.

Malachii
10-24-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]
No.Flop depends on your reads. I don't mind a fold here, there are a lot of ways you can beaten and you have bad reverse implied odds. That's really the problem when top pair gets raised OOP.