PDA

View Full Version : Flopped nut flush draw from SB 3/6 6-max

10-24-2005, 05:34 PM
First time posting a hand so let me know what's wrong with the post, I just got started with limit last week...

Second hand at the table, MP is 72/7 at 1/2 6-max, no stats for 3/6.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, Button folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Is this a fold preflop? I think I'd definitely complete at 1/2 with 0.5/1 blinds.

I think the flop bet was good, but was the turn bet correct?

Obviously, there's no reason to try checkraising such a passive player.

Spook
10-24-2005, 05:39 PM
you might want to consider posting this in the HUSH forum (Heads up and Short Handed) that usually deals with 6 max games.
The hand is fine without reads, bet the turn because its heads up and you have no reason to believe you are behind, you could try for a check raise unless you believe him to be that passive.

hobbsmann
10-24-2005, 05:41 PM
The preflop call is boardline as you have only invested 1/3 of a bet, but the game is running 5 handed and when it starts to get this shorthanded high card strength starts to become very important so I think the call is fine.

The turn is the next closest street where check/calling might be better than bet/calling. Given this guy is uber loose you probably have little fold equity so checking is probably better. Nice river bet.