PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Best Vegetarian Meals in Vegas

colgin
10-24-2005, 05:33 PM
Question for Ed Miller and other Vegas vegetarians (or anyone else who wants to chime in for that matter).

What are some of the best places in Vegas to get a good vegetarian meal. I am not necessarily looking for just veggierestaurants (if there even are any) but places that have or can put together a good vegetarian meal (I am a veggie but my wife is not (she eats fish)).

10-24-2005, 06:24 PM
A lot of the hotels on the strip have buffets that have a lot of fruit and vegetables, can't help you with specific restaurants though.

trying2learn
10-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Paymon's is good.

Ed Miller
10-24-2005, 06:30 PM
Price Range?

Off the top of my head, I recommend:

Commander's Palace in the Aladdin doesn't have a large vegetarian selection, but it's always put something great together for me. And since your wife eats fish, a New Orleansy place is a good option.

The Melting Pot in Summerlin (30 min west of strip), though a chain, is fantastic. Best romantic/vegetarian meal we've had in Vegas.

On the cheaper (and more Asian) end, I recommend:

Lotus of Siam in a strip mall on Sahara near Maryland Pkwy. Fantastic Thai place...

Long Life Vegetarian Restaurant (chinese food) is one of our favorites. They have a pure vegetarian version of hot & sour soup which is one of my favorite soups and something I miss having gone veggie. It's in a strip mall at Flamingo & Sandhill.

StevieG
10-24-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of the hotels on the strip have buffets that have a lot of fruit and vegetables, can't help you with specific restaurants though.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a vegetarian, not a rabbit. Vegetarians like hot, rich, savory dishes as much as anyone else - they just don't eat meat.

Bertolini's in the Appian way shops at Caesars has a few vegetarian pasta dishes and appetizers. Certainly worth looking at a menu.

LittleOldLady
10-24-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Paymon's is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second this. I am a carnivore, but I ate there with a couple of vegetarians, and there were lots of good veggie choices. The menu went beyond the usual hummus, falafel, baba ganoush, and stuffed grape leaves.