PDA

View Full Version : X-Party skins are best! (and a hand with content)

kapw7
10-24-2005, 05:05 PM
I stayed away from x-skins clearing bonuses at PS and Absolute (X-llent!). I still have $200 in my bonus acct with Euro, so I tried to 4-table the 1/2 6-max games. And they are great. A lot of weak players plus bad players. LAG's paradise.

The following hand from these games but don't let the above affect your replies:

Both players have recently joined the table but the looked to have an idea of what they were doing (simply meaning they were not idiots).

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (15 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>,
Hero?

hemstock
10-24-2005, 05:13 PM
Call because the pot is big.

benkath1
10-24-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call because the pot is big.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was going to say. The way you played the turn, you should call the river.

deception5
10-24-2005, 05:16 PM
I think a river fold is fine.

deception5
10-24-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The way you played the turn, you should call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling the turn is ok because we have outs against 2-pair/top pair.

10-24-2005, 05:18 PM
Does anybody raise the river to force out SB, giving us a better chance at winning? Should we just fold?

benkath1
10-24-2005, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotcha, but getting 16:1, you don't call the river?

hemstock
10-24-2005, 05:19 PM
You propably have SB beaten and you shouldnt worry about him at the moment. Plus, getting raised would suck

deception5
10-24-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotcha, but getting 16:1, you don't call the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if my read was at all solid. If it's only based on 40 hands or so I'd probably call as I've been surprised lately when someone plays a draw really strongly on the turn and his play could be 66 or even A /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. If my read was that he was a good player over 80 or so hands I'd probably fold.

Disconnected
10-24-2005, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't raise the turn. You've got a new aggressor, it feels like BB is possibly slowplaying (or semi-unlikely got some help with that turn card). With that 2nd best pair, I'd want to get to showdown cheaply, and would hate to have it 3-bet behind me.

The way it went down, I guess it's a call. I really don't have much hope to win this pot, but maybe BB went nuts with a bluff/semi-bluff and realizes that the only way to make it pay off is to continue on the river. If your hand was good enough to call the turn 3-bet, you have to think it's good enough to call the river, FWIW.

deception5
10-24-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If your hand was good enough to call the turn 3-bet, you have to think it's good enough to call the river, FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends if we called the turn bet hoping to improve or planning to call down.

DoomSlice
10-24-2005, 05:29 PM
The X-skins have 2 very different variants:

Full ring games play extremely tight and yes, weak. 6-max plays extremely opposite with LAGs everywhere.

Pick your battles.

kapw7
10-24-2005, 06:12 PM
BB looks scary. But he either has a set on the turn or he overplays a straight/flush draw. I raised to keep initiative and mainly to face SB with a hard decision. I was worried about SB as he donk betted the flop.

On the river the pot is big and BB can be making a deperate bet after missing a draw. There's no way to fold this. I actually raised but I am not sure it was the best action. If SB didn't fold a better hand (i.e. TP) on the turn then why fold it on the river? Who knows, he might fold a hand like 86 etc or 89 (?) and I don't need him to do it that often. I need to do some mathematics I guess. Where is AaronW when you need him?

W. Deranged
10-24-2005, 06:16 PM
If we're not capable of folding to a three-bet on the turn, I don't think waiting to raise the turn is better. If our villain is tricky enough to three-bet the turn with hands we're beating, it's better to raise the flop and go from there.