PDA

View Full Version : How to close an MTT?

10-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Hey,

in my last 15 MTT's I have 3 FT's and 9 cashes, I often end up being in the top 10 for most of these but eventually the average/antes/blinds catch up to me, I do my best as far as stealing when possible but often face strong opposition to my steals, as a rule I try to steal only with decent hands but nothing I can call the subsequent all ins with (and they are a constant) it comes to the point where blinds are so high that a steal will cost 14th or 5th of my stack and I am often top 5 in this situation.

Someone drop a jewel of knowledge on me

Thx

LearnedfromTV
10-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Go read the one-table tournaments forum and play a bunch of sit and goes.

HandCracker
10-24-2005, 04:54 PM
when the blinds are getting high near the end, you need to learn when to push instead of just raising the BBx4 or x3.
doing this effectivly will increase your stack size a good bit. you need to make this move before you have less than 5 BB, if you have around 5BB or less you are a lot more likely to get a call. also, you need to make this move in LP no matter what your cards are when you get down to 6BB. just dont make this move when someone has raised infront of you, unless youhave some sort of read to go against that.
reading harrington on holdem 2 will help a lot in this stage of the tournament.
i utilized these moves just last night and came second in a big tournament.

gl

Exitonly
10-24-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Go read the one-table tournaments forum and play a bunch of sit and goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

10-24-2005, 05:12 PM
I have played more SnG's than god and they are unsimilar to this situation, and I am more talking about the phase of the MTT with 2-3 tables left leading up to one

AceofSpades
10-24-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have played more SnG's than god and they are unsimilar to this situation, and I am more talking about the phase of the MTT with 2-3 tables left leading up to one

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to flop top pair. And steal blinds when you can.

Brad F.
10-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Not to be obvious, but if you seriously have 9 of 15 cashes in your last 15 tournies, please drop a jewel of knowledge on us.

Brad