PDA

View Full Version : To those of you getting rakeback at Absolute..

MrWookie47
10-24-2005, 04:40 PM
You'll probably be interested in this thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3761688&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=&vc=1)

car ramrod
10-24-2005, 04:55 PM
My mgr does appear to be lower than I expected from all my play this weekend. Absolute should have said something about this before just doing it.
Bummer, I was starting to think it would be my new home.

VoraciousReader
10-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the link. That is very interesting reading and I will also follow up to see what Absolute has to say.

However, I think the "divide by 2" idea is probably oversimplified. It defies logic that Absolute would think they could just chop everyone's mgr in half and no one would notice. I imagine there is some sorting principle being used.

But we'll see.

jaxUp
10-24-2005, 05:08 PM
thanks.

benkath1
10-24-2005, 05:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My mgr does appear to be lower than I expected from all my play this weekend. Absolute should have said something about this before just doing it.
Bummer, I was starting to think it would be my new home.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same for me. It looks like the 'mgr is computed for contributed hands only' is a good possibility. I was wondering how they were staying afloat giving out so many bonuses that don't count towards MGR.

Anyone care to comment on the game quality compared to Party? AP seems, and I quote, "cuddle bear soft". But I haven't played at the New Party.

silencio
10-24-2005, 05:21 PM
I am pretty new at absolute, (about 2 weeks) so I didn't really have a chance to enjoy my rakeback there.

Personaly I believe this has something to do with their latest software update which left some bugs in bonus calculations and such. This might be another side effect that no one has yet noticed (or wanted to notice).

adsman
10-24-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anyone care to comment on the game quality compared to Party? AP seems, and I quote, "cuddle bear soft". But I haven't played at the New Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

My win rate at absolute 6max is 9BB/100 hands. At party it's around 6.78 during the same period. I also liked absolute since poker ace got set up for it. That was until I also realised that my rakeback was half what it should be. Add to that the MASSIVE rake I suffered on Sunday, (see the thread I just posted in the rakeback forum) and I'm close to withdrawing my money to find greener pastures.

lautzutao
10-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Are you absolutely positive you have patched PT to 2.08.03D? If not you need to go to the PT forum and read the exact directions on how to properly patch PT to accurately record your rake. There was a bug that was reporting inaccurate rake to PT in the hand histories.

Properly patching requires you purge your database and re-import hand histories from Oct. 18th.

EDIT: the link (http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8573)

car ramrod
10-24-2005, 05:23 PM
Depends on what level you play at. I play 2/4 and 3/6 and there are some weak players and there are some good players. Full ring games are usually tight. 6max is loose, but more aggressive. I think the games have gotten a lot worse after the party debacle. A lot more tags, table and seat selection is a must.

car ramrod
10-24-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm am basing this on how many hands I played this weekend, and the updated mgr my affiliate says I am at. I am positive that it is lower than it should be, not b/c of what poker tracker says, but b/c I have a good idea of what it should be at after I play a certain number of hands. I check it often. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

10-24-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Party seems softer than it's been in a while - they've clamped down on affiliates offering rizzlebizzle, offered juicy reloads to casual players and borderline-offensive points-based bonuses to the pseudo-pros, so it makes sense that the fish are swimming back in. I'll be back for their November bonus.

AP 1/2 full-ring can get extremely weak-tight - again, to be expected as this is probably the lowest effective limit for bonus-chasing. Add in slow software and slow players, and it's quite excruciating. I love 6-max there (so far) though - with 10 chairs at a 6-max table, you can get position effortlessly.

The other talk in the Zoo is about Stars pulling up virtually dead-even with Party in number of players. Just goes to show that big bonuses and rakeback aren't necessarily the huge drawing cards some of us would think.

detruncate
10-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Might be less enticing now if they've changed their MGR policies, but anyone know how easy it is to close a current account + open a new one under an affiliate? It would likely bring my play up from 0 in the last 10 months to > 0, so it's not like they would be losing money on the deal. I also think I remember a thread about someone just telling them flat out and being accommodated, but don't feel like wading through old zoo posts unless absolutely necessary (zing!).

PM me if you don't want to comment publicly. Thanks in advance.

deception5
10-24-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Might be less enticing now if they've changed their MGR policies, but anyone know how easy it is to close a current account + open a new one under an affiliate? It would likely bring my play up from 0 in the last 10 months to > 0, so it's not like they would be losing money on the deal. I also think I remember a thread about someone just telling them flat out and being accommodated, but don't feel like wading through old zoo posts unless absolutely necessary (zing!).

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering the same thing actually.

MrWookie47
10-24-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you absolutely positive you have patched PT to 2.08.03D? If not you need to go to the PT forum and read the exact directions on how to properly patch PT to accurately record your rake. There was a bug that was reporting inaccurate rake to PT in the hand histories.

Properly patching requires you purge your database and re-import hand histories from Oct. 18th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't use that link. PT just released the 2.09 patch today. No longer a beta.

benkath1
10-24-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think MicroBob had some excellent success stories with Absolute. Something about them buying him a computer. You might try and PM him.

MrWookie47
10-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Bump.

It looks like things may now be back to normal.