PDA

View Full Version : BCS Standings 10/24

Mike Cuneo
10-24-2005, 04:34 PM
How is Texas #1?

pokerdirty
10-24-2005, 04:40 PM
because the computers don't care that USC has won 1000000 straight games.

kschellenger
10-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Texas and USC have such a lead over VA Tech that it really doesn't matter.

10-24-2005, 05:07 PM
They went to #1 b/c of Texas Tech's ranking, but USC will be #1 again soon. Look at the 4 scrubs Texas has left before the Big 12 Championship, while USC has CAL, Fresno State, and UCLA left to bolster it's ranking.

imported_CaseClosed326
10-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Because rankings don't matter on 10/24

10-24-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but USC will be #1 again soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless they lose. They probably wont, but TX has almost no chance of losing.

Vince Young
10-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Because we pwn.

pokerdirty
10-24-2005, 05:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because we pwn.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't trip along the way...

StevieG
10-24-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Va Tech's next two games are against highly ranked BC and Miami. If they win those games the gap could close.

kschellenger
10-24-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Va Tech's next two games are against highly ranked BC and Miami. If they win those games the gap could close.

[/ QUOTE ]

USC plays at Cal, Fresno State and UCLA.
Texas has won at Ohio State and against Texas Tech. VA Tech beating BC and Miami isn't going to capture any more of the votes in the polls and likely won't increase their computer ranking much given USC plays solid teams and Texas has played solid teams.

SinCityGuy
10-24-2005, 10:24 PM
This Texas team is the greatest team of all time, and nobody can stop them.

This needs to be repeated ad nauseum every week until the Big XII Championship game.

bernie
10-25-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Texas has won at Ohio State and against Texas Tech. VA Tech beating BC and Miami isn't going to capture any more of the votes in the polls and likely won't increase their computer ranking much given USC plays solid teams and Texas has played solid teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

USC has played just as solid of teams as Texas so far this year.

bernie
10-25-2005, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This Texas team is the greatest team of all time, and nobody can stop them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody in the Big 12 anyways. The big 12 isn't exactly a Power conference this year.

b

kschellenger
10-25-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

USC has played just as solid of teams as Texas so far this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure why you're responding to me with that. My point was that it doesn't matter who is number one and who is number 2 because as long as Texas and USC don't lose they will play each other.

TheHip41
10-25-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because we pwn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will be like Oklahoma the last 1000 years in the Big 12 champ game. Go in 122-0 and lose to Missouri who's 7-4 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SinCityGuy
10-25-2005, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because we pwn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will be like Oklahoma the last 1000 years in the Big 12 champ game. Go in 122-0 and lose to Missouri who's 7-4 /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Your numbers are "slightly" off.

Oklahoma is 3-1 in Big XII Championship games, including last year's 42-3 win over Colorado. Of course, OU did get destroyed by USC in the Orange Bowl.

Two years ago OU was embarrassed by Kansas State in the Big XII Championship game. They didn't deserve to play in the Sugar Bowl. The funny part is, as poorly as they played in that game, they were inside the 20 and one play away from tying LSU late in the 4th quarter and sending the game into overtime.

kyro
10-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Forget the BCS Standings. I want to meet the geniuses who have voted Miami up to 6th and PSU down to 12th. It makes no sense when you look at the teams Miami has played, but I guess that's the advantage they have of being Miami.

smb394
10-25-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Forget the BCS Standings. I want to meet the geniuses who have voted Miami up to 6th and PSU down to 12th. It makes no sense when you look at the teams Miami has played, but I guess that's the advantage they have of being Miami.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lost Week 1 to Florida State (very good team)

Won: at Clemson, Colorado, South Florida, Duke, at Temple

Not very strong.

kyro
10-25-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lost Week 1 to Florida State (very good team)

Won: at Clemson, Colorado, South Florida, Duke, at Temple

Not very strong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's do PSU.

Lost: @Michigan (Top 25 team, away, in the largest stadium in football on the very last play of the game after an emotional win against a very good OSU team the week before. Forgivable?)

Won: South Florida, Cincinatti, Directional Michigan (I don't remember which one), @Northwestern (Top 25), Ohio State (only other loss was to #2 Texas.

Crushed: Minnesota (Top 25), @Illinois

I hate sportswriters. So dumb.

kschellenger
10-25-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I understand the desire for national respect, at this point, does it really matter? Neither Penn State nor Miami will go to the Rose Bowl. If both win their conference Miami will go to the Orange Bowl and PSU will likely go to Fiesta Bowl, REGARDLESS of rankings.

pokerdirty
10-25-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I understand the desire for national respect, at this point, does it really matter? Neither Penn State nor Miami will go to the Rose Bowl. If both win their conference Miami will go to the Orange Bowl and PSU will likely go to Fiesta Bowl, REGARDLESS of rankings.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are assuming Penn State wins out to get to a BCS bowl i'm assuming. I don't see the Fiesta taking a Big 10 school with the 3rd and 4th picks unless OSU is in there...

kschellenger
10-25-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are assuming Penn State wins out to get to a BCS bowl i'm assuming. I don't see the Fiesta taking a Big 10 school with the 3rd and 4th picks unless OSU is in there...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not assuming Penn State will win out. I said IF they win the conference.
I disagree about the Fiesta Bowl skipping on PSU. I think they'd take Penn State and Joe Paterno in the year he finally takes them back to where they were.

kyro
10-26-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. It doesn't matter right now. I'm curious how much it matters with respect to recruiting, however.

kyro
10-26-2005, 01:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming PSU will lose a game the rest of the year is not a very good assumption. They've really only got one more game against a team that should be able to give them a challenge (Wisconsin) and that one is at home where they have played excellent football. Penn State will end the year 10-1 and we just need to pray that Michigan handles its business with Northwestern and OSU.

kschellenger
10-26-2005, 01:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Assuming PSU will lose a game the rest of the year is not a very good assumption. They've really only got one more game against a team that should be able to give them a challenge (Wisconsin) and that one is at home where they have played excellent football. Penn State will end the year 10-1 and we just need to pray that Michigan handles its business with Northwestern and OSU.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong, but even if Northwestern or OSU is able to win out, as long as Penn State wins out they will win the conference based on overall record.

MCS
10-26-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should they? They should only care about this season.

kschellenger
10-26-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should they? They should only care about this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's an oversimplification. For example, USC's offense is basically the same as last year. Therefore, what they did offensively last year is relevant to an extent. Human polls can account for that but computers can't.

kyro
10-26-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong, but even if Northwestern or OSU is able to win out, as long as Penn State wins out they will win the conference based on overall record.

[/ QUOTE ]

They will get the BCS bid. They will have to share the Big Ten Conference Title though.