PDA

View Full Version : SSNL HEADS UP CHALLENGE

JaBlue
10-24-2005, 04:18 PM
I think the most fun way to do this could be a team format. We can get X teams of four and do round robin play and the team with the highest score at the end will win. Everyone would play everyone else (at least) once.

We can do this on the .01-.02 tables with 2.00$ and for fun, everyone will contribute X to the prize pool, which will go to the winning team.

What do you think about this format? I think it could be lotsa fun.

RiverFenix
10-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Teams take much more work and coordination. If one player has to drop out or cant play on a certain day it screws the other 3 people pretty bad. Just my experience with team related events over online activities is that a minority lose interest or cant make matches drop out which ruins it for everyone.

I think solo HU is the best choice for now but teams are a good idea too

dtbog
10-24-2005, 04:24 PM
teams would be fun too... but as RiverFenix pointed out there might be some logistical issues.

I'd be up for either.

JaBlue
10-24-2005, 04:25 PM
This would be casual. There wouldn't be any days where everyone has to play or whatever. I was thinking it would stretch out over time and you contact the next person you're supposed to play and arrange a time that works for you two. Then you report back and brag or complain or whatever. For instance, you might say that you have a week to play your 4 games against the other teams' players. You then PM those guys and find out what times work for them. Easy.

The limit guys did this if you can find the HULA thread and it looked great. The Internet Forum has King Of The Zoo. It all works out pretty well and easily.

TheWorstPlayer
10-24-2005, 04:29 PM
I think the whole point of playing HU is somewhat defeated by making it team play. The end should be for bragging rights to being the BEST POKAR PLAYAR EVAR. If I destroy everyone on the other team but the rest of my team gets wiped, I really don't think I should be excluded from BEST POKAR PLAYAR EVAR considerations.