PDA

View Full Version : Boring 88 Flop Fold?

Terrabon98
10-24-2005, 04:14 PM
10/20 6-Max. Sat down a few minutes ago, no real reads, although nobody looks crazy

I'm on the button with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG raises, MP calls, I 3-bet, BB calls, as does UTG and MP.

FLOP: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Checked to MP who bets, I raise, BB 3-bets and UTG caps, MP calls, I fold

I'm not very concerned with my flop fold, as I can't think of a hand that I'm not drawing very thin against, but I want to see what others would do the first time around on the flop. This is a standard raise, right?

jba
10-24-2005, 04:31 PM
you definitely can't call two more on the flop.

i'm actually wondering if you can fold to the first bet, as weak as that sounds. i haven't run any numbers but I imagine that is possibly the best line...

TheMetetron
10-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Raise is fine. You aren't calling another 2. Fold.

TheMetetron
10-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Fold wouldn't be horrible, but I hate giving up pots that easily, so I raise.

I'd be open to debate, however.

jba
10-24-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold wouldn't be horrible, but I hate giving up pots that easily, so I raise.

I'd be open to debate, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i hate being a wuss too, and I have no idea if it would be right. I have a hunch that it is close and I think some ev calcs should make the picture a lot clearer. if I have time later today I might go through them and post back.

irishpint
10-24-2005, 05:45 PM
id play it the same- that doesn't mean it's correct.

10-24-2005, 06:03 PM
After your flop raise gets capped, its an easy fold. Although Im sure to be called weak-tight, I dont much mind either raising this flop, or even just folding it. Although MP could be leading a nut draw, there is a good chance you're drawing super thin/dead on the flop, and that your one-card flush draw to the 8 is dead.