PDA

View Full Version : Middling MFN?

YoureToast
10-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Last Tuesday, I bet $336 to win $300 on Atlanta -6.5 vs. NYJ. The line is now available at -7.5. Should I bet the Jets +7.5, shooting for a middle? If so, whats the maximum price I should pay?

Edit: How does the analysis differ if I can get Jets +8 or +8.5?

Further edit: The game is now available at 5Dimes at +9 +105. My suspicion that the line at -6.5 was a good buy was correct. Now I need help making the proper decision.

10-24-2005, 04:04 PM
You can find the Jets at +8.5 I think it's a pretty decent middle. I thought about doing it to just stop the bleeding from yesterdays ugliness, but I think I'll just stick with ATL and take it like man.

YoureToast
10-24-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can find the Jets at +8.5 I think it's a pretty decent middle. I thought about doing it to just stop the bleeding from yesterdays ugliness, but I think I'll just stick with ATL and take it like man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx...See my edited post....It was edited due to your post in the other thread. At +9 +105, its gotta be good, no?

YoureToast
10-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Sorry the 5Dimes line is +9 -125.

LLXC
10-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Personally, if I still liked the -6.5, I wouldn't middle the entire amount. Then again, my opinion is probably not worth much /images/graemlins/smile.gif

legend42
10-24-2005, 06:28 PM
I'm in a similar situation. I have a live $200 teaser that pays almost $2400, with ATL at -1/2 as the final game, and am trying to figure out the best way to hedge/middle it.

Seems like $1000 on NYJ plus the points is pretty safe, but I can't help think the 1st half line (I've found +4.5 +105) is the best chance to win both ways. No way Vinny brings them back on the road from 5+ down at halftime to win the game outright, is there?

10-24-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in a similar situation. I have a live $200 teaser that pays almost $2400, with ATL at -1/2 as the final game, and am trying to figure out the best way to hedge/middle it.

Seems like $1000 on NYJ plus the points is pretty safe, but I can't help think the 1st half line (I've found +4.5 +105) is the best chance to win both ways. No way Vinny brings them back on the road from 5+ down at halftime to win the game outright, is there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could bet the Jets ML for ~$500.

legend42
10-24-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or you could bet the Jets ML for ~$500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was the first play that came to mind- and it may end up being exactly what I do. But the middle opportunities are just so tempting here. Anyway, I'm glad I waited until today's line moves to decide.

On a side note, does anyone know if BetJamaica's site is down?

10-24-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On a side note, does anyone know if BetJamaica's site is down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to be, I cant access it either.

sublime
10-24-2005, 07:15 PM
Personally I think the Jets are the 'right' side so I would suggest you get the best possible number and buy back. Now -6.5 is also a great number considering what the market is and how its under the key 7.

methinks you buy back 50-75% (only because you originally liked ATL, personally I buy back 100%) of the wager, but at a good number. i can get +8.5 +100 right now, so somethign in that range would be nice.

10-24-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i can get +8.5 +100 right now, so somethign in that range would be nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that another sports interaction special?

sublime
10-24-2005, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LLXC
10-24-2005, 07:28 PM
+9 -110 at BetWWTS

10-24-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, maybe I'll take the leap. I got +7.5 +106.6 at TradeSports which is certainly comparable and probably better (8 hits about 0.75% of the time). How is sports interaction during hoops season?

DougOzzzz
10-24-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, maybe I'll take the leap. I got +7.5 +106.6 at TradeSports which is certainly comparable and probably better (8 hits about 0.75% of the time). How is sports interaction during hoops season?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just opened an account there to add another unit to my NYJ bet.

I've got 3 units riding on this, meaning that the Falcons are a lock.

sublime
10-24-2005, 07:41 PM
How is sports interaction during hoops season?

same as football. stacked to the favorite side.

amazingly i have not been booted from there despite having an account for 2+ years.

10-24-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

amazingly i have not been booted from there despite having an account for 2+ years.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice. I'd love to read a booting letter from a book that offers no grounds for the removal other than "I'm tired of you beating us and using our dog lines"....unless there's something I'm missing.

sublime
10-24-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice. I'd love to read a booting letter from a book that offers no grounds for the removal other than "I'm tired of you beating us and using our dog lines"....unless there's something I'm missing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will post one. I am in the procees of getting kicked out of a book right now.

10-24-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like great fun

sublime
10-24-2005, 08:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just got kicked out for

"a winning % thats too high for the wager type"

this account is barely three weeks old. lol

10-24-2005, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just got kicked out for

"a winning % thats too high for the wager type"

this account is barely three weeks old. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

No level low enough to stoop to remain a going concern.

null
10-24-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard they boot you after you've won a certain amount, I think $10,000 was mentioned.