PDA

View Full Version : Post here when you make someone blue

BottlesOf
10-24-2005, 03:37 PM
I see that Strasser is blue, I was gonna change it but then I realized perhaps someone made him blue to signify that he's a good strat poster.

Mike Haven
10-24-2005, 04:01 PM
See this thread. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=tourn&Number=3732990&page= 0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=2&fpart=4)

bobbyi
10-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Mike, that link did not work for me.

Mike Haven
10-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Sorry. That's never happened to me before. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Try this one. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3732990&page=1&view=expan ded&sb=5&o=2&fpart=4&vc=1)

Mike Haven
10-24-2005, 05:34 PM
Just before colour-coding a certain few posters is finalised, Johnny brings up a good point.

At present, there doesn't seem to be a way to show that a mod has purposefully changed the name-colour.

I experimented with the colour-edit-box in the profile and although I have not been able to work out a "proper" code, (perhaps someone better versed in the ways of computers could?), I discovered that if I wrote the colour and then /MH, (to let other mods see that the change was intentional, by me), a different colour usually resulted.

For example:

Green/MH = Blueish
Pink/xx = Black
Black/zz = Yellow
Yellow/username = Red
Z/MH = Black
etc

I couldn't find one that turned into the Blue we all know and love.

Using this idea, it is simple to see who changed a colour. (I haven't checked yet, but a date could probably be included, too.)

Lloyd
10-24-2005, 07:19 PM
We're trying an experiment using colors in MTT. If it doesn't work we'll change it back. I'm giving it a month or so and then will ask for feedback from the forum once again.

As a general rule, I would say you should only un-do something that you in fact did originally. If you didn't change someone's color, don't change it back. If you didn't ban them, don't unban them. And of course just post here with any questions.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Mike Haven
10-24-2005, 07:41 PM
So you mean if someone Blue posts in the Zoo I come here to ask if he's a good MTT poster or a left-over OOT poster?

I think I've got it this time.

bobbyi
10-24-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So you mean if someone Blue posts in the Zoo I come here to ask if he's a good MTT poster or a left-over OOT poster?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you check the blue guy's posting history, the answer will probably be obvious.

BottlesOf
10-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Shouldn't be mysterious why.

durron597
10-25-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't be mysterious why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just when I was about to post asking about it...

BottlesOf
10-25-2005, 03:24 PM
A few threads back I thought we decided there would be some limited blues dispensed for valuble contributors to forums.