PDA

View Full Version : zippo lighter questions.

MarkSummers
10-24-2005, 03:24 PM
A Marlboro representative was at the bar thursday night was giving out zippos and I got one.

The instruction manual says to fill only with zippo lighter fluid but I would assume other types will be fine. Is this correct? Also, does my ligher come with a flint or do I have to buy one? Thanks.

shakingspear
10-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Any fluid is fine.

It will have the flint. If it doesn't, they're extremely cheap.

Piiop
10-24-2005, 03:25 PM
You can use whatever lighter fluid you want. They told you zippo fluid cuz they want you to buy their stuff. It comes with a flint. You can easily buy and replace new ones.

highlife
10-24-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, does my ligher come with a flint or do I have to buy one? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

you got a free lighter and you didn't even flick it to see if it worked?

dibbs
10-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Non zippo brand fluids are fine.

Try and spark it, if it sparks, it has a flint. It's that little red or black thing right under the wheel.

imported_The Vibesman
10-24-2005, 03:28 PM
You can use other types than Zippo, like Ronsonol. Don't use grill lighter fluid, or butane.

Does your lighter spark when you spin the wheel? If yes, there's a flint in it. Buy a few anyway, it's like a dollar for a dozen or something. Keep one tucked into the cotton at the bottom of the lighter as a spare.

MonkeeMan
10-24-2005, 03:33 PM
Aviation fuel burns good but evaporates pretty quick. If the flint doesn't work try a road flare.

Dude, were you home schooled or something?

MarkSummers
10-24-2005, 03:35 PM
okay thanks. I thought I had a wick, i just didn't know because i dont really know much about lighters.

So I filled it up with fluid and i flicked it and the flame is coming out the side /images/graemlins/confused.gif. what's up with that? is there something wrong with the wick i already have in there?

TiK
10-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Fluid probably leaked out the side when you filled it. Once it burns off, it'll probably work fine...

DeathbySuckout
10-24-2005, 04:03 PM
Holy crap. I don't believe I just read a thread on how to use a lighter. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

10-24-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Holy crap. I don't believe I just read a thread on how to use a lighter. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Boggles tha' mind, don't it?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ulysses
10-24-2005, 07:12 PM
I was sure this was going to be about cool lighter tricks.

Klepton
10-24-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was sure this was going to be about cool lighter tricks.

[/ QUOTE ]

one of the lamest sites ever. (http://lightertricks.com)
some of these tricks take 15 seconds, just light my damn cig already.